During our time in Sarajevo, we checked out the abandoned Olympic Bobsled track. While at the track, we were chatting with some other travelers and one of them shared a tip about a site we had to visit.
On the way to Plitvice Lake, Croatia, we had to stop to see the abandoned Douglas C-47 plane at Zeljava Air Base!
Other Plane Wrecks We’ve Visited:
- A Visit To The Sólheimasandur DC 3 Plane Wreck In Iceland With Kids
- Visiting The Air Force Plane Wreck On Lake Suchitlan, El Salvador
After crossing the border from Bosnia and Herzegovina into Croatia, a short drive brought us to an amazing site!We pulled into the clearing and there were a couple of other visitors checking out the site. Some people were even inside or on top of the plane!
We looked around at this graffiti’d up attraction, loving what we were seeing. The plane was very exciting for the kids, too!I climbed up to the plane and decided to launch my DJI Mini 2 drone. While the lighting wasn’t great, I was still pretty happy with this photo I was able to snap. I then walked though the inside of the stripped down plane. The kids wanted to go inside the plane with me but it wasn’t really safe for them. Instead they explored the area and had fun pointing out various stickers stuck to the plane.
I pulled myself up through a hatch by the cockpit and was sure glad I did. Check out the awesome photos above!
- KFC or Chick fil-A in Bosnia and Herzegovina? No It’s CFC!
- Searching For Bruce Lee In Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina!
- These Are Doughnuts In Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina!
- One Of The Most Important Reasons We Love Airbnb
- Ridiculous Street Signs #30: Don’t Pee Standing Up- Bosnia
- Searching For Invader In Ljubljana, Slovenia!
- This Area Has Its Own Weather In Ljubljana, Slovenia!
- Finding Neapolitan Pizza Excellence At Pop’s Place- Ljubljana, Slovenia
- A Visit To The Falconry Center in Dubrava, Croatia!
- A Visit To Family-Friendly Froggyland in Split, Croatia!
- This Spar Supermarket In Split, Croatia Is UNESCO Protected, Kind Of…
- Happy Birthday Theo, 5 Years Old- 40 Countries Visited!
- Find Out What We Tried At McDonald’s In Slovenia!
- Find Out What We Tried During A Visit To McDonald’s Italy
- Ridiculous Street Signs #32: Attention Beware Thieves and Pickpockets- Sarajevo