In recent years, food at ballparks has gotten much better. There’s even a book written about the food at baseball parks called The Joy of Ballpark Food!
My favorite team, the New York Mets used to have a solid and reasonably priced pizza option called Papa Rosso’s. The stand switched from selling pies to slices and then (from what I heard) it went downhill. It no longer has a stand at Citi Field…
During a recent visit to Citizens Bank Park, home of the Philadelphia Phillies, I was excited to see Bryce Harper, Mike Trout and Shohei Ohtani play in person. I was also excited to try Manco & Manco, a well known Jersey Shore pizza shop!
I had hoped to check out Manco & Manco at one of their NJ locations but we still haven’t had a chance. When I saw them post online about a new ballpark location, I knew we had to give it a try.As we wandered around the park, we came across Manco & Manco in a section of food shops out in right field.
The line was long but we had to wait so that we could give this pizza a try. After around 20 minutes in line, it was our turn to grab a pie.
At $13.99 for a cheese pizza, I’d say it’s a pretty fair price for a ballpark pie. (Pies with toppings or gluten free go for $15.49.)
This was a really good looking pie! What stood out most was the saucy swirl, a familiar feature of other Jersey Shore piesThese pies are listed as personal pizzas but they definitely have some weight to them. I don’t say that in a bad way but if I tried to finish one myself, I don’t think I’d feel very well after!
I can’t say whether or not Manco’s at Citizen’s Bank Park is similar to the pizza at their regular shops but we really enjoyed it! I’d really like to go to try their pizza on the Jersey Shore soon to compare.
Overall, this is World Series Championship caliber ballpark pizza which I’d highly recommend you try!
Check out Manco & Manco online here.
- Patsy Grimaldi Returns- Julianna’s – Brooklyn, NY
- Food Review: Pizza Pot Pie- Chicago
- Margots- An Awesome Pizzeria Within A Pizzeria
- An Awesome Experience At Slice Out Hunger- NYC 2013
- Certified Pizza Awesomeness: Slice Out Hunger 2014
- Oktoberfest, Route 66 & Pizza: Oklahoma Day 2
- One Of The Best Underrated Pizzerias In Brooklyn, NY
- Emmy Squared- Pizza Perfection in Brooklyn, NY
- Impressive Airport Pizza by Wolfgang Puck at CUN
- A Visit to the Legendary Santarpio’s in East Boston
- Love Pizza & Trains? Dine At The Wagon in Costa Rica
- We Completed The 5 Boro Pizza Challenge!
- An Awesome Night of Pizza in NYC at Slice Out Hunger
- A Visit to the New Aita Pizzeria in Brooklyn, NY
- A Visit to the New & Highly Anticipated Sorbillo Pizzeria in NYC
- A Visit To The Oldest Pizzeria In The US: Papa’s Tomato Pies
- Review: Pizza Pop- Up, Brooklyn, NY with Anthony Falco, World Pizza Consultant
- I Finally Tried Una Pizza Napoletana And It Was Amazing!
- Paulie Gee’s Slice Shop- A Great Addition To The Brooklyn Pizza Scene
- Our Experience at the 1st Annual New York Pizza Festival
- We Tried & Conquered The Philly Taco! (No, It’s Not Really A Taco)
- Our Epic National Pizza Day Adventure In Williamsburg, Brooklyn
- Food Review: St. Louis-Style Pizza at Imo’s Pizza
- Is New York City’s Di Fara Pizza Destination Worthy?
- A Visit To The Famed Pequod’s Pizza During A Layover In Chicago
- Benny Tudino’s, Home Of The Largest Slice Of Pizza I’ve Ever Had!
- Brooklyn Pizza Scene Gets Even Better, Head To F & F Pizzeria Now!
- Our Experience Running The 2019 NYC 5 Boro Pizza Challenge
- Our Experience At The 2nd Annual New York Pizza Festival
- Our Visit To A Drive-In Pizzeria- Pizza Palace in Knoxville, TN
- Find Out About Our Visit To Old Forge, PA- Pizza Capital of the World
- Finding Pizza Excellence at Ollie’s In Upstate NY
- We Tried The New Detroit-Style Pizza At Pizza Hut!
- A Visit To Michelin Starred Momofuku Ko For… Pizza!
- A Mashup Of Cultures In El Salvador, The Pupusa Becomes The PuPizza!
- A Nice Pizza Surprise At Squisito On San Salvador Volcano!
- Finding Neapolitan Pizza Excellence At Pop’s Place- Ljubljana, Slovenia
- A Fun Take On A Traditional Food In Belize: The Pizza Fry Jack!