Yesterday I mentioned a post that I wrote for Rene over at Delta Points
. For those of you that didn’t get a chance to read it there, here it is.
Over the last 2+ years Delta has been renovating and expanding JFK Airport’s Terminal 4. The expansion has a budget of $1.2 billion and will replace Terminal 3 for Delta’s international flights out of the airport.
Many improvements and upgrades are on the way including:
- Two rows of check- in counters
- A new, automated baggage handling system
- Security check points being consolidated into one area which allows for all of the retail and food options to be behind security
- An additional 9 international gates, giving Delta a total of 16 at JFK
- Larger waiting areas
- Additional, new and powered seating for charging your electronic devices
- The largest Sky Club Delta has to offer
The Sky Club will have 24,000 square feet of space and include the first ever Delta Sky Deck, a 2,000 square foot outdoor terrace. The Sky Deck will offer guests amazing views of Manhattan which I’d definitely love to get a chance to see. The Sky Deck sounds like a great addition for an airport lounge.
Continue reading Shake Shack and Other Impressive Food Options Coming to Deltas Terminal 4