I came across an article from Consumer Reports a while back which listed the best and worst fast food restaurants in America.
A burger chain which I had never heard of before took the top spot for best tasting burger in America. I looked to see where the closest location of The Habit Burger Grill was to home.
It turned out that a couple of Habit Burgers were located in New Jersey but I never had a chance to go until a few weeks back.
I had high expectations for The Habit considering it had beaten out chains like In-N-Out, Whataburger, Five Guys and many others. (My favorite fast-casual burger chain Shake Shack was not ranked at the time this list was written.)
We headed to the Fair Lawn, NJ location, hungry to try some of the best fast food burgers in the country.
The restaurant was packed- there wasn’t an open table in the place but this didn’t really matter considering there was also a pretty long line to place an order.
I ordered the Double Charburger which comes with mayonnaise, pickle, fresh tomato, lettuce and caramelized onions on a toasted bun. (I had them hold the pickle & tomato.)
Once our order was placed the food was definitely not fast. The Habit Burger Grill cooks their burgers on a grill, they’re not pre-cooked or microwaved. Definitely not a bad thing.
We waited around 7-10 minutes for our food and then gave our burgers a try.
I bit in and noticed that the burger was juicy and cooked well. However, that is where the positives ended.
When it came to taste, The Habit Burger Grill didn’t hit the mark. I wasn’t sure if it was the meat or some sort of seasoning added to it, but the burger had an odd taste.
The burger wasn’t inedible but it wasn’t what I’d consider a burger I need to have again. Surprisingly, I didn’t even finish my burger!
Kim didn’t notice the odd flavor right away. When I pointed it out she then did and also didn’t like it. Lucas had a few bites of my burger and didn’t mind the flavor so maybe The Habit’s more his taste!
I won’t be going out of my way to dine at The Habit Burger Grill in the future but maybe I should give it one more change if I come across one again.
Have you had a burger at The Habit? What was your thought about their burgers?
Related Burger Posts:
- Louis Lunch- Birthplace of the Hamburger- New Haven, CT
- Heavy Metal Burgers at Kuma’s Corner
- A Great TV Find: Jimmy’s Diner- Brooklyn, NY
- 5 Bizarre Burgers That I’ve Tried
- A Burger Worth Waiting For: Holeman & Finch- Atlanta, GA
- A Burger Masterpiece: Husk, Charleston
- Newark Airport Food Review: Custom Burgers
- A Deli-cious Burger at The General Muir
- Daily Meal’s 101 Best Burgers in America
- A Delicious Award Winning Burger & More at VB3- Jersey City, NJ
- Classic Burgers at the All-American Drive-In
- Is This the Best Burger in Cuba?
- Food Review: Shake Shack’s Bacon CheddarSHACK
- The Amazing French Onion Soup Burger at Le Rivage NYC