- T+L has The Strangest Things the TSA Confiscated at U.S. Airports in 2020.
- Fodor’s wonders Why Are so Many Ex-Pats Moving to Spain? (And How You Can Too.)
- NY Times says Airbnb Is Driving Hosts Elsewhere With Costly Pandemic Policies.
- NY Post: Man Wins $500K Powerball Prize With Numbers From His Fortune Cookie.
- Smarter Travel reports that JetBlue Takes Away Overheard Bin Access.
- AFAR wonders Does Biden Plan To Implement Domestic Travel Restrictions?
- Fodor’s tells us How A Different Pandemic Completely Reshaped Northern Italy.
- NatGeo says Norwegians Are Building Boutique Hotels For Threatened Arctic Birds.
The state of Texas has recently been hit hard by cold temperatures and water shortages.
A fire broke on Friday night in a Hilton Garden Inn in Killeen, packed with guests, “many of whom were fleeing storm conditions at home“, according to the New York Post. Continue reading Fire Breaks Out At Hilton Garden Inn in Texas
Last month, I shared news that Trump Plaza, located in Atlantic City, NJ would be blown up. There was also an auction being held for a viewing party of the event.
February 17 was the big day when the casino was demolished! Continue reading Watch Trump Plaza In Atlantic City, NJ Get Blown Up!
- T+L reports Royal Caribbean to Require Crew to Be Vaccinated.
- NY Times says In Canada, Americans Are Missed, With Limits.
- Lonely Planet has Travel Trends For 2021: The Revival Of The Sleeper Train.
- Skift says that 85 Percent of U.S. Travel Agencies Won’t Survive the Year Without Aid.
One of the highlights of our trip to South Asia a couple of summers back was flying to Mount Everest with Yeti Airlines Everest Express.
This was an opportunity we couldn’t pass up and probably the closest we’ll get to Mount Everest unless we (hopefully) do the trek to basecamp in the future.
Two Indian climbers did a big no no and are now banned from mountaineering in Nepal in the future. Continue reading Climbers Fake Ascent Of Mount Everest, Banned by Nepal
The COVID-19 pandemic wreaked havoc on the cruise industry with many ships sitting still for months due to safety concerns.
While I’m not a fan of cruises, the idea of being stuck on a ship during the pandemic sounds like a really bad idea. Continue reading 180 Day Oceania Cruises World Cruise Sells Out In One Day!
- AFAR says No Mask While Traveling? You Could Be Fined up to $1,500.
- Smarter Travel shares 8 English Words You Should Never Use Abroad.
- T+L reports New Zealand To Remain Closed To Tourists Until Citizens Are Vaccinated.
- Skift says Loyalty Goes Both Ways In A Pandemic When Airlines Exit Markets.
- USA Today says The Coaster Is Clear As Theme Parks Expand Their Seasons.
- NY Post reports AA Launches “At Home Wine Experience” With Unused Booze.
- Frommer’s: Two US Airlines Launch Digital “Passports” For Passenger’s COVID Status.
- Skift has Travel Megatrends 2025: The Robots That Are Accelerating Automation.
Lonely Planet mentions that, “hundreds of thousands of visitors usually descend on the country to celebrate with locals at fun parades and dazzling events in cities and towns across the land.” Continue reading St Patrick’s Festival in Ireland Will Take Place… Virtually