For those of us with a US Airways Dividend Miles Mastercard, here is a great reason to use the card more often:
Barclays Bank is sponsoring the Million Miles & More Sweepstakes. Using your card gets you automatic entries to win some great prizes.
Grand Prize: A trip around the world! A 20 day journey that takes begins in San Francisco and stops in Sydney, Hong Kong, Rome and Paris.
- Coach airfare for winner and guest
- Standard double occupancy hotel accommodations for 19 nights
- A check for $7,350
- (5) First Prizes: (one awarded each month) One Million US Airways Dividend Miles and a check for $4500
- (5) Second Prizes: (one awarded each month) An eight day/ 7 night trip for two to winner’s choice of Las Vegas or Orlando
- (25) Third Prizes:(5 awarded each month) 40,000 US Airways Dividend Miles
- (25) Fourth Prizes:(5 awarded each month) 10,000 US Airways Dividend Miles
- (50) Fifth Prizes: (10 awarded each month) 5,000 US Airways Dividend Miles
Eligible Barclay Card US Airways Dividend Miles credit cardholders receive:
- One automatic entry for every eligible dollar spent
- Two entries for every eligible dollar spent for travel related usage; Air Travel, Hotel, Vehicle Rental, Railway, Taxi, Bus Lines, Cruise Lines, and Travel Agencies (as defined by MasterCard Merchant Category Code)
- Maximum of 1,500 entries per transaction
To enter without a purchase: print your complete name, street address (no P.O. Boxes), city, state, zip code, day and evening telephone numbers and email address (optional) on a 3″x5″ paper, place in an envelope and mail to: Million Miles & More Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 488, Milltown, NJ 08850-0488. Each valid alternate means of entry submitted will receive 1,500 entries into the Sweepstakes. Entries will be valid for the Monthly Entry Period in which they are received and will not carry over to subsequent Monthly drawings
Open to legal residents of the 50 United States & District of Columbia
Must be 18 years of age or older to enter
Sweepstakes ends at 11:59 pm ET on 12/31/12
Find out more about the Million Miles & More Sweepstakes HERE
Here are a few offers and promotions worth considering/ registering for:
- Register for United MileagePlus Mobile Offers and get 500 bonus award miles. Register your Visa card and receive special offers by text message.
Purchase US Airways Dividend Miles and receive a 100% bonus. This offer is good for up to 50,000 miles which costs $1750 ( about $.0175 cents per mile). Not a horrible price especially if you need some miles to top off an account.
- Register for Starwood Preferred Guest Nice Choice by June 30, 2012. The promotion allows you to choose what, when and how you earn. There are some pretty “nice” options.
- Register by June 30 for the Marriott Rewards Summer Bonus and earn up to three free nights. Stay at participating Marriott Hotels worldwide between June 1- August 31 and earn one free night after every second paid stay.
Club Carlson Promos:
- You can still register for the Radisson Big Night Giveaway and earn 50,000 Gold Points after completing one qualifying stay by July 15. You can earn one bonus per account. I did one stay last weekend and my bonus was posted in 4 days. We’ll be doing another stay in two weeks from now in Kim’s name which will get us another 50K bonus.
- There are still spots left to register for the Park Inn Stay One, Get One promotion. Like the Radisson Big Night, you can earn 44,000 Gold Points after completing one qualifying stay by July 22, 2012. There are only 10 Park Inns in the US which makes this promo a bit harder to complete. Kim and I are staying at a Park Inn in Pennsylvania in mid-July. We each booked one night so that will give us 88K in bonus points.
- The Country Inn & Suites Stay One, Get One Event reached it’s limit for the 44,000 Gold Points bonus. You can still register for the SOGO Event and earn 15,000 bonus points by completing a stay by July 15.
You can also currently save 30% off at select Club Carlson properties. Use code 30PCTOFF to get the discount. I could not find any properties that qualified for this offer near us. This offer is good now until June 12 & June 22 through September 1.
US Airways has a new way to earn miles for shopping online: StoreFront Assistant
(This replaces the Dividend Miles Toolbar)
Download the StoreFront Assistant to your internet browser and earn 1 mile for every 3 searches- up to 100 miles per month.
You can also earn miles for shopping in- store by registering your credit cards and shopping at participating stores.
Earn a 500 Mile Bonus when you download the StoreFront Assistant and make one search or purchase by June 1, 2012.
Find out more and download the StoreFront Assistant HERE
I don’t find this to be such a great offer or value but some might find this useful to top off their US Airways account or to get rid of leftover hotel points.
US Airways is offering a 50% bonus to convert your hotel points to US Airways miles. This offer sounds great at first but when you see what the conversion rates are you will definitely think twice.
Here is a list of the conversion rates which DO NOT include the 50% bonus:
Best Western Rewards: 5,000 points for 1,000 miles
Choice Priveleges: 5,000 points for 1,000 miles
Club Carlson: varies
Hilton Honors: 10,000 points for 850 miles
Hyatt Gold Passport: varies
Marriott Rewards: varies
Priority Club: 10,000 points for 2,000 miles
Starwood Preferred Guest: varies
Wyndham Rewards: varies
La Quinta: 6,000 points for 1,000 miles or 10,000 points for 2,000 miles
* I didn’t do much reading into the hotel programs that have a variable transfer rate. However, I read that transferring SPG 20K points will become 37,500 US miles which seems like a pretty good deal.
Miles must be transfered between March 11- March 31, 2012 to earn the bonus
Hotel bonus miles do not count towards preferred status
To find out more info about this offer and find out the conversion rates for programs that vary, click here
For a limited time you can earn up to 500 miles by booking your hotel stay on the US Airways website.
Here’s how to qualify:
- Book February 20 – March 31, 2012 and earn 500 bonus miles
- Book April 1 – 15, 2012 and earn 250 bonus miles
- Offer valid for hotels stays of 2 or more consecutive nights
- Stay by April 30, 2012
**US Airways Vacations bookings don’t earn miles**
US Airways is running a promo that gets you a 100% bonus when you buy miles. The miles are not cheap but this promo makes it a decent deal. If you need to top off your account for an award, this might be the time to buy some miles.
The minimum amount you can buy is 1,000 which costs $35 but you will also get an additional 1,000 miles as a bonus. The maximum bonus is 40,000 miles so you will get that bonus regardless of buying 40,000 or 50,000 miles which is the most you can buy.
40,000 miles cost $1400 which doesn’t sound like such a bad deal when you add the 40,000 miles bonus. Each mile will cost you around $.017 each.
This offer expires 12/31/11.
To buy miles, go to US Airways Buy Miles
I received an e-mail from US Airways about a great way to earn miles with Teleflora.
For every $1 you spend you will earn
25 US Air Dividend Miles
This is a very generous offer and is good until 12/31/11.
Here is some info from the e-mail I received:
Make last-minute gift giving easy with Teleflora! Choose from hundreds of floral arrangements and gifts including Thomas Kinkade’s Christmas Carolers bouquet and the newest additions in The Collection by Faith Hill.
With every Teleflora purchase, you’ll get:
Same day delivery for all arrangements
A hand-arranged and hand-delivered bouquet by your local Teleflora florist
Experience the Teleflora difference today and earn 25 miles for every $1 you spend.
To take advantage of this offer click here for Teleflora
I received an e-mail from US Airways with the subject- Way To Go Michael!
Here is what US Air e-mailed me about:
Good job, slugger
You earned 16 hits for a total of 25,000 bonus miles – and we’re all cheering for you! And, you may still have a few more miles coming your way. Hits made between September 14 and November 14 will continue to post through March 28, 2012.
It was nice to receive this e-mail at the end of the Grand Slam although it wasn’t of much use.(I already knew all of the information they were telling me!)
I am hoping that next year US Air communicates better througout the Grand Slam. It would be nice to receive updates each time a hit posts to an account- possibly have a scorecard of some sort to mark off hits earned that shows in your Dividend Miles account online.
I got an e-mail from US Airways reminding me that the Grand Slam was almost over. It ends on November 14 but for me it’s officially over since all of my hits and bonuses have posted!
I checked this morning and my 16 hit bonus posted as two:
||GRAND SLAM 2011 MULTI PARTNER BONUS – 16
||GRAND SLAM 2011 PQM BONUS – 16 HITS
The Grand Slam was a lot of fun to participate in and I ended up earning around 30,000 Dividend Miles due to various transactions and bonuses!