Here are a few offers and promotions worth considering/ registering for:
- Register for United MileagePlus Mobile Offers and get 500 bonus award miles. Register your Visa card and receive special offers by text message.
Purchase US Airways Dividend Miles and receive a 100% bonus. This offer is good for up to 50,000 miles which costs $1750 ( about $.0175 cents per mile). Not a horrible price especially if you need some miles to top off an account.
- Register for Starwood Preferred Guest Nice Choice by June 30, 2012. The promotion allows you to choose what, when and how you earn. There are some pretty “nice” options.
- Register by June 30 for the Marriott Rewards Summer Bonus and earn up to three free nights. Stay at participating Marriott Hotels worldwide between June 1- August 31 and earn one free night after every second paid stay.
Club Carlson Promos:
- You can still register for the Radisson Big Night Giveaway and earn 50,000 Gold Points after completing one qualifying stay by July 15. You can earn one bonus per account. I did one stay last weekend and my bonus was posted in 4 days. We’ll be doing another stay in two weeks from now in Kim’s name which will get us another 50K bonus.
- There are still spots left to register for the Park Inn Stay One, Get One promotion. Like the Radisson Big Night, you can earn 44,000 Gold Points after completing one qualifying stay by July 22, 2012. There are only 10 Park Inns in the US which makes this promo a bit harder to complete. Kim and I are staying at a Park Inn in Pennsylvania in mid-July. We each booked one night so that will give us 88K in bonus points.
- The Country Inn & Suites Stay One, Get One Event reached it’s limit for the 44,000 Gold Points bonus. You can still register for the SOGO Event and earn 15,000 bonus points by completing a stay by July 15.
You can also currently save 30% off at select Club Carlson properties. Use code 30PCTOFF to get the discount. I could not find any properties that qualified for this offer near us. This offer is good now until June 12 & June 22 through September 1.
Here is a very nice offer for United Miles
- Earn 2,000 miles when you become a paying member of Netflix
- Earn an additional 2,000 miles when you pay with your MileagePlus Visa Card
- Offer valid to new Netflix members only. (I am pretty sure you can sign up again using a new e-mail)
United sells miles for $35 per 1,000 miles plus a 7.5% excise tax, with a minimum purchase of 2,000 miles which costs $75.25. Even if you don’t watch a single movie, you are still doing well just getting the miles by signing up for the cheapest Netflix plan which is $7.99.
My wife and I each signed up for Netflix a few years back for the 2,000 mile bonus offer that earned American Airlines miles. I am definitely thinking about signing up again to get this United offer. Too bad I don’t have a United Visa anymore.
To sign up for the Netflix United Miles promo Click Here
Here is an easy way to earn 500 United Miles:
Spend $75 or more with any online retailer and earn 500 bonus miles
A single purchase of $75 or more is required. Offer ends 1/31/12
Shop now at mileageplusshopping
Build Your Portfolio, Boost Your Miles
Invest with TD Bank and earn up to 25,000 United Miles.
The more you invest, the more miles you earn:
Initial deposit: Miles earned:
Open and fund your account by February 29, 2012
Offer valid for new Individual or Joint accounts
Not valid for IRAs or other tax exempt accounts
Limit one offer per client
Account must remain open with minimum funding for 9 months
With TD Bank I believe that you can also sign up to earn miles with American Airlines and Delta. I almost did a similar deal with Fidelity last year but I already have an account and did not qualify.
To open a TD Bank account to earn United Miles Click Here
I received an e-mail from United Airlines late last night about a new way to use miles.
United introduced MileagePlus Headliners– a way to use your award miles to bid on once in a lifetime experiences.
Some of the things you can bid on are vacation packages, sporting events, concerts and “opportunites only offered by United…”.
Some other highligts they mention in the e-mail are:
- Team USA Experience at the London 2012 Olympic Games
- United Flight Simulator
- VIP PGA Tour Experience
- Mammoth Mountain Ski Trip
- Professional Basketball Games
I looked around the Headliners site and the mileage prices for these experiences are not cheap.
As of 1/5/12, the bids for two United Flight Simulator experiences were 192,000 & 202,000 miles. The package sounds amazing but I’d prefer using my hard earned miles for travel.
There is also a Merchandise section where thousands of items are a fixed mileage price. Lots of items are available but all are give or take priced at double their value. For example- an iPad 2 can be purchased for about $500, on Headliners it is 107,800 miles!
If you don’t plan to travel and need a way to spend your miles, the new United MileagePlus Headliners might be a good way for you to use your miles and gives you lots of options to choose from.
If you are interested in checking out United MileagePlus Headliners, click here
I received an e-mail earlier today from Continental regarding the new Merchandise Awards redemption option.
Here is the message:
Create lasting memories with miles.
Did you know that you can redeem your reward miles for exciting merchandise? Visit the all new Merchandise Awards® and reward yourself or someone you care about.
It is definitely great to have more options when it comes to redeeming miles but from the browsing I did on Merchandise Awards, it seems like all of the items are WAY over-priced. The prices also vary per user. At the top of the page it says- You may be eligible for a lower mileage price. Please be sure to log in to see if you qualify. I logged in and did qualify for the lower mileage price but they were still not a good deal.
To show an example of pricing on Mileage Awards, I will use the iPad 2.
I can buy a 16gb iPad 2 from Apple for $499. From Merchandise Awards a 16gb iPad 2 is 107,800 award miles. When I log in, I qualify for the lower mileage price which is 75,100 award miles.
From my estimates, the Merchandise Awards site is charging at least double the price for an iPad 2 if you qualify for the better price. I can’t see myself using this as an option for spending my miles. Will you???
Check out the award options at:
MileagePlus Merchandise Awards
United Mileage Plus Shopping is running a promotion where you can earn 1,000 bonus miles.
If you spend $250 with any online retailer you earn the bonus!
Terms & Conditions:The 1,000 bonus award mile offer is valid from 11/18 -12/31/11. To qualify for the 1,000 bonus award miles, a cumulative spend of $250 with participating MileagePlus Shopping online retailers during the time of the promotion is required. The maximum number of bonus miles that can be awarded to each qualifying member through this promotion is 1,000 bonus miles. The bonus award miles will post to your Mileage Plus account within 8 to 10 weeks after the promotion end date.
United Shopping also has an offer to earn double miles from a few featured retailers like:
Eddie Bauer, Sephora, Office Depot, Drugstore.com & Banana Republic