Here are a few offers and promotions worth considering/ registering for:
- Register for United MileagePlus Mobile Offers and get 500 bonus award miles. Register your Visa card and receive special offers by text message.
Purchase US Airways Dividend Miles and receive a 100% bonus. This offer is good for up to 50,000 miles which costs $1750 ( about $.0175 cents per mile). Not a horrible price especially if you need some miles to top off an account.
- Register for Starwood Preferred Guest Nice Choice by June 30, 2012. The promotion allows you to choose what, when and how you earn. There are some pretty “nice” options.
- Register by June 30 for the Marriott Rewards Summer Bonus and earn up to three free nights. Stay at participating Marriott Hotels worldwide between June 1- August 31 and earn one free night after every second paid stay.
Club Carlson Promos:
- You can still register for the Radisson Big Night Giveaway and earn 50,000 Gold Points after completing one qualifying stay by July 15. You can earn one bonus per account. I did one stay last weekend and my bonus was posted in 4 days. We’ll be doing another stay in two weeks from now in Kim’s name which will get us another 50K bonus.
- There are still spots left to register for the Park Inn Stay One, Get One promotion. Like the Radisson Big Night, you can earn 44,000 Gold Points after completing one qualifying stay by July 22, 2012. There are only 10 Park Inns in the US which makes this promo a bit harder to complete. Kim and I are staying at a Park Inn in Pennsylvania in mid-July. We each booked one night so that will give us 88K in bonus points.
- The Country Inn & Suites Stay One, Get One Event reached it’s limit for the 44,000 Gold Points bonus. You can still register for the SOGO Event and earn 15,000 bonus points by completing a stay by July 15.
You can also currently save 30% off at select Club Carlson properties. Use code 30PCTOFF to get the discount. I could not find any properties that qualified for this offer near us. This offer is good now until June 12 & June 22 through September 1.
Starwood- SPG Better by the Night: Earn unlimited bonus Starpoints through April 8, 2012
Here is a nice way to earn lots of extra Starpoints. The more you stay, the more you earn.
- Earn double Starpoints on 2 night stays
- Earn triple Starpoints on 3 night stays or longer
You need to register for the promo before booking your stays. (Registration closes March 15)
To register for SPG Better by the Night, click here
Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) is running a
Better Tomorrows promotion
Stay One Night & The Next is 40% Off
Begin your year with Better Tomorrows. For every night you pay the regular rate, you receive 40% off the following night. Save on stays through March 31 2012 at participating hotels and resorts in the US, Canada & Caribbean.
**Fine Print:Discount of up to 40% off is applied to every second night and is based on the best available non-restricted rate now through December 31, 2012.
Better Tomorrows rates are prepaid and non-refundable. All hotel deals and offers are subject to availability. See individual hotel listings for day of arrival restrictions and minimum lengths of stay.
I finally have Lifetime Gold status on American Airlines!!!
I didn’t think that I would get there when changes to the AAdvantage program were announced in August. I did a couple of things to make it happen just in time.
I transferred a bunch of Starwood points to AA miles and then had my wife apply for the Starwood 30,000 point promo over the summer. I then linked my wife’s Starwood account to mine and transferred her miles to my account to turn into AA miles. This got me within around 130,000 miles. I had already received two 75,000 bonuses from Citi AA cards this year & read that Citi AA cards were only churnable every 17 months give or take. I decided to take a chance and apply again and was instantly approved within a few minutes for a Citi AA Visa! I then decided to open a new browser and apply for a Citi AA Amex card. I crossed my fingers and what do ya know, I was approved!
I did not have much time to reach the spend needed to earn each 75,000 bonus before the AA Advantage program changed. The AA Visa has a $1500 spend requirement, the AA Amex $4000. I ended up “charging” $1000 to myself/ my wife on each card for free through Amazon Payments, used an app called Square to charge $3000 to myself (which cost $83) and then actually used the cards to pay some bills.
Hopefully Gold status will be useful when I decide to fly with some of the AA miles I have earned!