The shop is pretty small and you can’t just stop by for a slice. Expect hours long waits to get one of their pies and delicious calzones (which I think are even better).
During the pandemic, Lucali offered pies for take out for the first time, making it a bit easier to get a bite of their tasty pizza.
Owner Mark Iacono has plans to open his first slice shop, called Baby Luc’s “as early as next week,” according to Time Out New York.
The new slice shop is located at 387 Court Street, just a couple of blocks away from Lucali.
Besides selling slices (not just whole pies), there will be a very big difference between the two shops. While Lucali has a brick oven, the pies at Baby Luc’s will be made in a gas oven.
Baby Luc’s will be a lot easier to dine at but the shop “will only have six seats inside, a few at the counter and a few tall-tops, with room for about 60 more outside.”
One other major difference is that while Lucali has never had a liquor license (it’s BYOB), Baby Luc’s will! The shop will be collaborating with Other Half for the beer offerings. There’s also plans to do pre-batched cocktails.
We’re already blessed with an abundance of great pizza in Brooklyn, I’m definitely excited to check out Baby Luc’s once it opens!
Find out more from Time Out New York here.
- Patsy Grimaldi Returns- Julianna’s – Brooklyn, NY
- Food Review: Pizza Pot Pie- Chicago
- Margots- An Awesome Pizzeria Within A Pizzeria
- An Awesome Experience At Slice Out Hunger- NYC 2013
- Certified Pizza Awesomeness: Slice Out Hunger 2014
- Oktoberfest, Route 66 & Pizza: Oklahoma Day 2
- Emmy Squared- Pizza Perfection in Brooklyn, NY
- Impressive Airport Pizza by Wolfgang Puck at CUN
- A Visit to the Legendary Santarpio’s in East Boston
- Love Pizza & Trains? Dine At The Wagon in Costa Rica
- We Completed The 5 Boro Pizza Challenge!
- An Awesome Night of Pizza in NYC at Slice Out Hunger
- A Visit to the New Aita Pizzeria in Brooklyn, NY
- A Visit to the New & Highly Anticipated Sorbillo Pizzeria in NYC
- A Visit To The Oldest Pizzeria In The US: Papa’s Tomato Pies
- Review: Pizza Pop- Up, Brooklyn, NY with Anthony Falco, World Pizza Consultant
- I Finally Tried Una Pizza Napoletana And It Was Amazing!
- Paulie Gee’s Slice Shop- A Great Addition To The Brooklyn Pizza Scene
- Our Experience at the 1st Annual New York Pizza Festival
- We Tried & Conquered The Philly Taco! (No, It’s Not Really A Taco)
- Our Epic National Pizza Day Adventure In Williamsburg, Brooklyn
- Food Review: St. Louis-Style Pizza at Imo’s Pizza
- Is New York City’s Di Fara Pizza Destination Worthy?
- A Visit To The Famed Pequod’s Pizza During A Layover In Chicago
- Benny Tudino’s, Home Of The Largest Slice Of Pizza I’ve Ever Had!
- Brooklyn Pizza Scene Gets Even Better, Head To F & F Pizzeria Now!
- Our Experience Running The 2019 NYC 5 Boro Pizza Challenge
- Our Experience At The 2nd Annual New York Pizza Festival
- Our Visit To A Drive-In Pizzeria- Pizza Palace in Knoxville, TN
- Find Out About Our Visit To Old Forge, PA- Pizza Capital of the World
- Finding Pizza Excellence at Ollie’s In Upstate NY
- We Tried The New Detroit-Style Pizza At Pizza Hut!
- A Visit To Michelin Starred Momofuku Ko For… Pizza!