Chef, author and globetrotting TV star Anthony Bourdain tragically died almost three years back. Since then, a scholarship was started in his name by the Culinary Institute of America and New Jersey’s Anthony Bourdain Food Trail officially debuted.
There hasn’t been much news pertaining to Anthony Bourdain over the past year, however, that’s about to change. A film about Bourdain is set to be released in theaters this summer!
Food & Wine reports that, “on Friday morning, Focus Films released the first trailer for the film—”an intimate, behind-the-scenes look at how an anonymous chef became a world-renowned cultural icon,” directed by Academy Award-winner Morgan Neville.”
The film will include behind the scene footage from Bourdain’s shows and interviews with friends like culinary superstars Eric Ripert and David Chang.
If you haven’t already done so, I highly recommend that you read Bourdain’s book, Kitchen Confidential.
I’d definitely love to check out the film when it comes out, will you?
Find out more from Food & Wine and check out the trailer here.
- Doughnut Hot Dog- Kiev
- Pinotxo Bar- Barcelona, Spain
- Bæjarins Beztu Pylsur- Iceland
- A Stop On The Bourdain Food Trail: Hiram’s Roadstand
- A Stop On The Bourdain Food Trail: Kubel’s- Barnegat Light
- A Stop On The Bourdain Food Trail: James Salt Water Taffy
- A Stop On The Bourdain Food Trail: Tony & Ruth’s Steaks