During our trip to India during the Summer of 2019, we saw a bunch of familiar American fast food restaurants. We dined at McDonald’s a handful of times and KFC once (it was extremely spicy).
When purchasing drinks and snacks, we did so from shops which weren’t exactly what I’d consider to be stores.
Kim and I did read about a convenience store which sounded a lot like 7-Eleven. The store has the very creative name, 24Seven!We had hoped to find a 24Seven but there weren’t many close to where we would be. However, during our last day in Delhi, we walked to a location a short distance from our hotel.
The 24Seven logo reminded me of TripAdvisor’s which I found a bit strange. The name and color scheme was reminiscent of 7-Eleven. (That made a bit more sense…)
When we walked into 24Seven, we were very impressed. It felt like we walked into a shop that we’d find at home. This was very unusual compared to what we were used to visiting throughout our time in India.The store had good air conditioning, lots of options for cold drinks, local & international snack options and the primary purpose for our visit, prepared foods!There were a lot of interesting options so we had to make some tough decisions.The chicken croissant was a very tasty and a great deal at around $1.15US.
The Bun Samosa was an even bigger bargain at around 50¢US! I wish I could remember more about the item, but I’m pretty sure it was filled with (not overly) spicy potatoes. We really enjoyed the Chicken Momos. At around 85¢US for an order of 4, we decided to double up. I’m glad that we did!The Chicken patty had nice layers of flaky pasty dough with spiced chicken in the middle. This was another bargain at around 80¢US.
We really enjoyed the food at 24Seven. For a convenience store, I’d say that the prepared foods were pretty impressive.
It was also nice to try some local bites from a modern, air conditioned store. We were afraid to try street food due to worries about potentially getting food poisoning. It’s just too bad that we didn’t come across more locations during our travels around India.
- Get Around & Save A Small Fortune With Uber In India!
- Our Experience Flying To Mount Everest With Yeti Airlines Everest Express
- Searching For A Dhaka Topi Traditional Hat In Nepal
- The Best Secret Button I’ve Found On Airplane Seats
- CheapOair Screws Up Our Flight Booking, Makes Good
- A Visit To The Famed Pequod’s Pizza During A Layover In Chicago
- Searching For A Traditional Mask In Nepal
- Our Budget Friendly Trip To The Maldives With Kids
- Find Out What Hyatt Did To Help Me Celebrate My 100th Country Visited!
- Find Out What We Tried At McDonald’s In Sri Lanka
- 48 Hours In Bangladesh With Kids
- A Kid-Friendly Visit To The Sea Turtle Research Project In Sri Lanka