When traveling around the US, I’m always on the hunt for the best burgers.
In Connecticut, we love dining at Louis’ Lunch, known as being the place where the hamburger was created. A few other gems can be eaten at Holeman & Finch in Atlanta, Workingman’s Friend in Indianapolis and Husk in Charleston.
There are lots of great burgers available in NYC. Two great options are the lunch- only burger at Peter Luger in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and Keen’s in Midtown. (FYI- both restaurants have been open since the 1880s.)
NYC is getting another great burger option. The top burger (according to the Daily Meal) in the country is coming to town this week.
Chicago’s Au Cheval will be opening in Tribeca on Tuesday, March 4 at 33 Cortlandt Alley.
Eater mentions that, “the modernized diner is bound to draw lines down the block — in Chicago, it’s one of the toughest restaurants to get into, with diners waiting hours to get their hands on that burger.”
The burger features two 4oz griddled patties with American cheese, dijonnaise and pickles on a toasted bun.
The restaurant will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Besides their great burger, you can expect other interesting options like a fried house-made bologna sandwich and chilaquiles.
I’ve been wanting to try the burger at Au Cheval for years so I’m really exciting that they’re opening a NYC location. I hope to get there soon and will most likely go early one day to try what might just be the best burger in America!
Have you tried the burger at Au Cheval? If so, let us know what you thought about it.
Find out more from Eater here.
Related Burger Posts:
- Louis Lunch- Birthplace of the Hamburger- New Haven, CT
- Heavy Metal Burgers at Kuma’s Corner
- A Great TV Find: Jimmy’s Diner- Brooklyn, NY
- 5 Bizarre Burgers That I’ve Tried
- A Burger Worth Waiting For: Holeman & Finch- Atlanta, GA
- A Burger Masterpiece: Husk, Charleston
- Newark Airport Food Review: Custom Burgers
- A Deli-cious Burger at The General Muir
- Daily Meal’s 101 Best Burgers in America
- A Delicious Award Winning Burger & More at VB3- Jersey City, NJ
- Classic Burgers at the All-American Drive-In
- Is This the Best Burger in Cuba?
- Food Review: Shake Shack’s Bacon CheddarSHACK
- The Amazing French Onion Soup Burger at Le Rivage NYC
- I Won’t Be Making A Habit of Dining At The Habit Burger Grill
- Did Lucas & I Conquer Big Jud’s 1lb Burger in Boise
- The Workingman’s Friend, An Odd But Tasty Burger Experience
- The Awesome Off-Menu Burger at American Cut Tribeca, NYC
- Historic Burger Sliders at White Mana in Jersey City
- You’ll Dig Dining at Mister Dips- Brooklyn, NY
- The Awesome French Onion Soup Burger at Little Prince NYC
- What Should You Order At Salvation Burger NYC?
- Pass On The Steak, Head To Peter Luger For Their Amazing Burger
- You NEED To Try The Big Macher Burger at Mile End Deli
- Bigger Isn’t Always Better, The Cheeseburger at Jackson Hole- Queens, NY
- Food Review: The Cheeseburger at Keens Steakhouse