Last year I received a retention offer for my AAdvantage Aviator Red credit card.
The offer wasn’t a lucrative way to earn a bunch of miles but the annual fee was waived on my card. This gave me another year to try out the card with no strings attached.
The annual fee came up once again for my AAdvantage Aviator Red card and I had a decision to make. Do I pay the fee, cancel the card or call up and ask for a retention offer?
The decision was easy. I wasn’t going to pay the $89 annual fee since I didn’t feel that I received benefits to warrant shelling out that kind of money. However, I was going to call in to see if there were any offers available for me. If not, I’d close my account.
I called in and explained that I was thinking about closing my account. The rep said she was sorry to hear that. She then mentioned that I would be transferred to an account specialist who could help me out. Then a moment later she said that she could close the account for me.
That definitely moved fast!
I then asked if there were any offers to waive the annual fee or get bonus miles etc… She immediately said that there were no offers for the account.
When I was asked if I’d like to go ahead and close my account, I replied yes and that was it. In a few minutes my account was closed.
I’ll probably give it some time and then apply for the AAdvantage Aviator Red from Barclaycard. I’m curious to see how that goes.
- A Bizarre Retention Offer
- Barclay’s Lufthansa Card Retention Offer
- Chase British Airways Card Retention Offer
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Retention Offer?
- Citi AA Amex Retention Offer, No Thanks
- BoA Alaska Airlines Biz Card Retention Offer- Really?
- Shot Down: Amex Platinum Retention Offer
- Citi AA Retention Offer: “But We’ll Miss You If You Do That”
- Citi AA Executive Card Retention Offer
- Chase Ink Plus, A Quick & Easy Retention Call
- My Starwood Amex Biz Retention Offer
- Retention? I Closed My Last Citi AA Executive Card
- My Amex SPG Credit Card Retention Offer
- Club Carlson Credit Card Retention Offer? Possibly
- Club Carlson Credit Card Calls About Retention Offer
- Did I Get A Citi American Airlines Credit Card Retention Offer
- Did I Get An AAdvantage Aviator Red Retention Offer?
- Did I Get A Chase Ink Bold Retention Offer?
- Did I Get A Chase Ink Plus Retention Offer?
- Did I Receive A SPG Amex Business Card Retention Offer?
- Did I Get A Wyndham Rewards Credit Card Retention Offer?