- USA Today reports that Airports are getting new charging stations. This sounds good to me since I’m always looking for a place to charge my devices.
- Fodor’s Travel has a slideshow featuring Asia’s 10 Best Second Cities.
- From the New York Times Frugal Traveler- How I Spent 4 Hours at O’Hare Airport.
- Conde Naste Traveler has Vintage Beach Vacation Photos That Make Us Want To Go Back In Time.
- One more from CNTraveler, Robot Invasion! How Next-Gen Tech Will Change Travel.
- For all of your energy bar fans, Outside Magazine has Six New Ways To Power Up Without Sacrificing Taste.
- Eater has an interesting but long article about The Strange History of Frozen Food.
- The Smithsonian looks into What Lies Beneath Stonehenge.
- Yahoo reports that EU Leaders Pick Italian As Bloc’s New Top Diplomat
- Skift writes that the US Travel & Tourism Industry Provided 7.6 Million Jobs In 2013.
Travel Deals & Offers:
- Earn up to 2,000 United miles with Avis. Promo ends September 30.
- Win A Magical Vacation for 4 to Disney World. Ends today (August 31)
- NatGeo is giving away $50,000 for your dream expedition. Ends today (August 31)
- Earn 3X points with the Hilton Triple Your Trip promo. Register & stay at participating resorts until October 31.
- Earn a 10,000 #MegaPoints Bonus at select Radissons until 12/31/14.
- Sign up and Earn 2,000 Bonus Miles with SkyMiles Dining. This offer is open to new members or existing members without a dining profile. Register by 12/31/14.
- Earn double points at Radisson’s in the Caribbean. Stays must be completed by September 30.
- Earn Quadruple AA miles with Dollar Rent A Car
If you have any Travel News, Deals or Offers that you’d like to share, feel free to leave a comment or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org