How would you like to earn 25,000 American Airlines AAdvantage miles for watching TV?
New DIRECTV customers can earn 25,000 AAdvantage miles when signing up for a 24 month agreement. (current DIRECTV members or those that have been within the last 24 months are not eligible)
Your account must remain current and in good standing for a minimum of 60 days before the AAdvantage points will be awarded.
Miles post 6-8 weeks after the 60 day period.
Offer ends 8/29/12
Find about more about this offer and sign up for DIRECTV HERE
American Airlines and Coke are running a sweepstakes through Facebook
Travel The World With A Coke gives you the chance to win 250,000 AAdvantage miles and other great prizes.
To enter the sweepstakes you need to “Like” American Airlines on Facebook.
The sweepstakes tests your knowledge of the world by showing you three Coke international logos. After seeing each logo, you select a map location (you are given four choices for each) that you think matches the language from the logo. For each correct answer you earn a Coca Cola Bottle in the Bottle Cap Bank.
My answers were 1-London, UK 2-Beijing, China 3-Dhaka, Bangladesh
- One Grand Prize: 250,000 AAdvantage miles and a Coke Weekender Suitcase. Value of prize- $5184.95
- Three First Prizes: 25,000 AAdvantage miles and Oakley sunglasses. Value of prize- $587.95
- Five Second Prizes: Coke Prize Package- Weekender Suitcase, and iCoke iPod Juke Box- Value of Prize- $508.95
Open to legal residents of the 50 United States & District of Columbia
Must be 18 years old at time of entry
Sweepstakes ends August 24, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. ET
Play the AA Travel The World with Coke Sweepstakes HERE
When flying American Airlines I always check out the inflight magazine American Way.
A few pages in there is a section called Air Mail where some letters and e-mails sent in get published & responded to.
I noticed on my flight to Barbados that this month’s issue has a drawing where you can win 100,000 AAdvantage miles.
To enter you need to send a letter to the editor of American Way. If your letter gets published in a 2012 issue you will be entered into the drawing.
E-Mail your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org
American Airlines AAdvantage has added a new feature to it’s Facebook page.
They added a Tips Tab where members can share their AAdvantage advice.
Some tips added so far:
- “You can put an award ticket on hold for free, for up to 5 days… if you’re indecisive like me “
- “Just registered the husband’s credit card for the Dining program. He takes clients to dinner, and I get the miles!”
- “Mom turned 80, so I surprised her with her favorite, lilies. Performed an elusive double dip- used FTD (ftd.com/aadv) AND put it on my credit card to earn miles from both!”
- “Just stumbled upon aa.com/hotspots- now I know where I can go with fewer miles!”
Some of these tips can be useful but the best part of this new tips tab is the contest:an put an award
By submitting a tip you will be entered for a chance to win 5,000 AAdvantage miles.
- Contest ends May 1
- Open to legal residents of 50 US States, DC and Puerto Rico
- Must be 18 or older at time of entry
- Around 5/23 they will pick their 10 favorite tips to win.
10 prizes of 5,000 AAdvantage miles (approximate value $99.50)
Check out the Facebook AAdvantage Tips Tab Here
Last night I saw this promo on Facebook:
To welcome airberlin to the Oneworld Alliance, American Airlines is offering double AAdvantage miles on eligible flights with airberlin from March 20- May 15.
You must register for this promo prior to traveling.
Register for the promo here
airberlin is Germany’s second largest airline and oneworld’s 11th member.
Oneworld members are
- American Airlines
- British Airways
- Cathay Pacific
- Japan Airlines
- Royal Jordanian
- S7 Airlines
To read the full AA welcome message to airberlin click here