Flights have been diverted for a wide variety of reasons. However, the reason an American Airlines flight was diverted earlier this week was a first from what I believe.
An American Airlines flight traveling from Phoenix to Boston on Monday night had tobe diverted due to a passenger’s inflight workout.
The man, who appeared to be intoxicated, according to David Markoski (who was a passenger on the flight), boarded the flight with a woman and two dogs. He then “insisted on doing pull-ups on the overhead bins,” according to Markoski.
The man who has yet to be identified had supposedly ordered beer and alcohol onboard before his workout.
A flight attendant repeatedly asked the man to sit down but he refused. He then started calling the FA names.
The flight was diverted to Kansas City where the man was then escorted off the plane by law enforcement officers. FBI agents were also there to interview the man but he wasn’t charged or taken into custody.
In the end, the man’s workout caused the flight to arrive in Boston 90 minutes late on Tuesday morning.
This has got to be one of the most bizarre causes of a flight delay I’ve ever heard of. What about you?
Find out more from Yahoo here.
- NY Mets Flight Diverted
- Flight Diverted Due To Credit Cards
- Flight Diverted After 9/11 Rant
- Man Pees On Other Passenger During Flight
- Woman Gives Birth On Southwest Airlines Flight, Plane Diverted
- Chicago Cubs Flight Diverted After Big win
- Passenger Spreads Poop In Plane’s Bathrooms, United Airlines Flight Diverted!
- A Flight Had To Be Diverted When The Pilot Got Sick
- Moscow To Cuba Flight Diverted In Atlantic City, NJ