Last month I wrote that there might be MLB Spring Training games in Cuba next season.
The last time MLB was on the island was back in 1991 when the Baltimore Orioles played an exhibition game there.
While I haven’t come across much more info about potential games in Cuba for next season, MLB will be visiting sooner than expected.
I came across an article on ESPN.com about MLB and Cuba. According to the article, “Joe Torre and Dave Winfield will lead a baseball goodwill tour of Cuba this month.” (The article also mentioned that the Tampa Bay Rays could possibly play the spring training game there in 2016.)
The tour will take place from December 15-18. The visit will include visits to a children’s clinic and a charity event.
Besides Torre and Winfield a group of players which haven’t been announced yet will be going on the tour.
Find out more from ESPN here.
- CheapAir.com Selling Flights From US to Cuba
- Cuba Getting WiFi Hotspots Around Island
- Full Diplomatic Relations Restored Between US and Cuba
- Major League Baseball Stadiums Ranked By Food
- Off Topic: Lucas’ First Mets Game
- American Airlines: New Official Airline of the Chicago Cubs
- Derek Jeter: Baseball Icon, Airport Restaurateur
- Baseball Legend Curt Schilling’s Son Causes Bomb Scare At Airport
- NY Mets Flight Diverted
- Love Food & Baseball? Then This Book Is For You
- Sheraton & SPG’s Exclusive MLB Partnership