I used to be a big sports fan but at this point, the only sport that I really love is baseball. It’s been a great year to be a New York Mets fan! Hopefully the winning ends with a World Series title..
In recent years I’ve been trying to visit more MLB parks although this year I didn’t have the time to check off any new ones…
Yesterday I received an e-mail about Starwood Prefered Guest (SPG) & Sheraton Hotels now having an exclusive partnership with Major League Baseball!
The partnership designates “SPG as the Official Hotel Loyalty Program and Sheraton as the Official Hotel of Major League Baseball“.
I know that some teams have official airlines (ex. American Airlines- Cubs) but I’ve never heard of the sport having an official hotel!
I was definitely interested in finding out more about this partnership. In other words, what’s in it for us?
Here are some of the SPG & Sheraton/ MLB Partnership Benefits:
(From press release)
Starting with the 2016 MLB season, Sheraton will take guests and elite SPG members out to the ballgame by offering:
- Complimentary access to MLB.TV, the only streaming service that enables fans to watch their favorite team live outside their home market;
- Availability of MLB Network, the Emmy Award-winning 24/7 cable television network dedicated to baseball, as an in-room entertainment channel in the U.S.;
- Custom Starwood booking widgets located on MLB.com and participating teams’ Schedule pages, providing fans a seamless process in booking travel plans to see their favorite teams on the road;
- Enticing packages, promotions and sweepstakes that will make baseball dreams come true by sending guests off to see their favorite games in person or offering up chances to win exciting MLB prizes.
There will also be a wide variety of MLB experiences that can be had through SPG Moments during the 2016 season.
MLB Experiences include:
- Meet and greets
- Batting practice with players
- Premium game tickets including the All-Star Game and World Series
You can actually bid with Starpoints right now for 2015 World Series tickets. If the Mets make it, I’d LOVE to go to a game but tickets won’t come cheap- whether it be paying or bidding with points.
Current auctions for the 2015 World Series range in price from 45,500 to 101,500 points. At these prices, going to a game won’t be an option for me unless someone wants to invite me along as their guest! 🙂
I’m definitely curious to see what SPG Moments will be offered in 2016 due to the MLB partnership. I can’t say that I’d be willing to spend my points for these kinds of things, but you never know…
Would you consider spending SPG Starpoints on experiences rather than hotel stays?
Check out what is currently being offered by SPG Moments here.