The destinations vary quite a bit. From the World Cup in Brazil to Vienna Jazz Fest or destinations closer to home like the Aspen Ideas Festival and Glacier Skywalk in the Canadian Rockies (which I’d LOVE to go to). Some destinations with new hotels also made the list.
Check out the list:
- Brazil– The World Cup runs for a month, from June 12- July 13. Matches will be held in 12 cities around the country.
- Aspen– Festivals, a new cooking school and a brand new art museum are some of the reasons to visit.
- Cavtat, Croatia– 10 miles from Dubrovnik but a whole lot quieter, Cavtat has an under-the-radar art scene, waterfront restaurants, beaches and more.
- Istanbul– The Zorfu Center has a performance arts center, upscale shopping and brand-new Raffles Hotel opening towards the end of summer. The Istanbul Music Festival and Jazz Festival
- Quito and Guayquil, Ecuador– The scenic train, Tren Crucero has its “maiden journey” this summer, crossing the Andes from Quito to Guayaquil. There is also lots of things to do in each city before/ after the journey.
- Melaka, Malaysia– Lots of festivals will take place including one that celebrates water sports. There will also be a food and culture festival to celebrate the anniversary of the city being a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Nashville– Thanks in part to the new Music City Center, Nashville is becoming a food destination with lots of celebrity chefs opening up shop.
- Vienna– Voted the most livable city in the world 5 years in a row has a lot to offer visitors. The Vienna Jazz Festival and Vienna Film Festival Rathausplatz (also a food festival) take place over the summer.
- Glasgow– The third largest multi-sport event in the world, The Commonwealth Games takes place in Glasgow which has led to a redevelopment of a few areas.
- Alberta, Canada– The Glacier Skywalk recently opened. The Skywalk is a glass cliff edge promenade with stunning views of the alpine terrain. It’s the starting point for a visit onto a glacier and the drive there is one of the more scenic drives in the world.
After writing about 9 Scenic Train Rides Around the World last week, I think that I’d like to pay a visit to Quito and Guayquil to take a ride on the Tren Crucero. I’d also love to check out the Glacier Skywalk in Alberta. I heard about this new attraction a few months back and it looks similar to the Grand Canyon Skywalk which I had a great time visiting a few years back.
Which of these places would you most like to visit in the future?
Find out more in the Fodor’s article HERE.