Over the years Kim and I have stopped by many tall skyscrapers to visit observation decks on their higher-up floors. It’s definitely an interesting and different way to see & view a city.
We’ve visited observation decks in places like Auckland, Bratislava, Chicago, Kuala Lumpur, New York, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo and many others.
When flying Delta, Kim and I along with many other people love getting Biscoff cookies in Sky Clubs and on flights. I’d guess that most people associate Biscoff with Delta in a similar way that a warm chocolate chip cookie makes me think of DoubleTree Hotels.
You might be wondering why I am talking about tall buildings and cookies? Continue reading Delta: How Many Biscoffs Tall Are the World’s Tallest Skyscrapers
Delta’s Chelsea Football Club Contest gives you the chance to win a trip for two to London to attend the season opened for Chelsea FC.
The contest is being run through Facebook. To enter you need to fill out some basic information and let them know why you should win.
- 2 tickets to the Chelsea FC home opener on August 25, 2012
- Round trip economy airfare for 2 from the U.S. to London
- 3 nights hotel accommodations
- $500 American Express gift card
Contest open to legal residents of the United States
Must be 21 years of age or older to enter
Enter by July 28, 2012 11:59 p.m. ET
Enter for your chance to win HERE
Delta SkyMiles Dining is running a promo called One Bite At A Time
You can earn 300 bonus miles each time you spend $100 (in any combination of dines) and also complete a review for each qualifying dine.
The fine print says that this offer is by invitation only for select SkyMiles Dining members.
Check your inbox for an e-mail of this offer or give it a shot by trying to sign up HERE.
Rules for the bonus offer:
- Register for the One Bite At A Time Bonus
- Spend $100 dining at participating locations through 12/31/12
- Complete dining reviews within 30 days of each dine
- You can earn the bonus up to 10 times, earning 3,000 miles
If you don’t have a SkyMiles Dining account, you can register and earn 1,200 bonus miles after your first dine. Spend $25 or more and complete a review within 30 days of dining.
Sign up for SkyMiles Dining HERE
How would you like to go through a speedier screening process at the airport??? I am sure that we all would. The TSA’s Pre-Check Program will be coming to JFK Airport in NY this year.
(no exact date was announced)
It is already being used at several other airports as a pilot program and open to select individuals.
The program includes no longer removing items like:
- 3-1-1 compliant bag from carry on
- Light jackets
It is currently available at:
- Atlanta: T-South Checkpoint (Delta only)
- Dallas: Terminal C, Checkpoint C30 (American only)
- Detroit: Checkpoint 2 on the ticketing level (Delta only)
- Miami: D2 Checkpoint (American only)
- Las Vegas: D Gates First Class Checkpoint (American and Delta
The program is currently open to:
- Frequent Flyers: Delta Air Lines and American Airlines (AA) have contacted eligible frequent flyers with an invitation to opt-in. Once the passenger opts in, the airline identifies the individual as a TSA Pre-Check participant when submitting passenger reservation information to TSA’s Secure Flight system.
- Custom and Border Protection Trusted Travelers (Current members of CBP’s Global Entry, SENTRI and NEXUS Trusted Traveler programs are automatically eligible to participate in TSA Pre-Check)
Find out more about the TSA Pre-Check program here
Have you ever wondered what happens to your luggage once it hits the conveyor belt after checking in for your flight??? I always thought it was pretty impressive that more bags did not get lost every day.
Personally I’ve had luggage issues a few times. Three times my luggage did not get to me until much later in the day after arriving from a flight. One time my luggage did not make it home with me. We had to head home from the airport in freezing weather without a winter jacket. But it got returned the following day!
Delta made a really interesting video to show what happens to luggage when it goes behind the rubber flaps:
They took one bag and added six cameras to it and showed the journey it took from check-in in Atlanta to getting loaded onto the plane to getting picked up in NY.
Check out the video here:
Delta has also added a Track My Bags feature to the Fly Delta App! Pretty cool if you ask me.
Check it out here: