|Lucas Miles W.|
This past weekend Kim and I stopped by Eataly after having lunch at Shake Shack. We went to Shake Shack to try out the special menu for Shacktoberfest. (Check out my post about it here.)
Eataly is an Italian food market that also has many restaurants inside.
While walking through Eatalay I spotted a really creative credit card sign-up display. The display was for the Alitalia American Express card. It was primarily made up of a plane fuselage (body), which is what caught my eye.
No, I did not sign up for the card but I had to check out the display. Besides having a plane fuselage, it also had a couple of touch screen computers which were linked to the Alitalia site. I am pretty sure you could apply for the card from the computers on the spot and find out info about Alitalia.
There was also a pretty large sign showing the terms for the Alitalia American Express card.
I was wondering if people actually signed up for this card while wandering through Eataly?
I mean the display was really cool but where was the mention of a nice bonus miles offer for signing up for the card!
American Express is running the Fall Giveaways Sweepstakes. The sweepstakes has two monthly entry periods, each with it’s own prize.
The Grand Prize for October: A Royal Caribbean cruise for two
- A voucher will be provided to the winner which will allow them to pick a cruise from a list of cruises provided by Amex and Royal Caribbean
- Cruise must be selected by 10/31/13
- Approximate retail value- $2,000
Open to legal residents of the 50 United States & DC
Must be 18 years of age or older
The October prize entry ends 10/31/12 at 4:00pm ET
Enter for your chance to win a cruise for two on Royal Caribbean HERE
The contest is being run through Facebook. To enter you need to fill out some basic information and let them know why you should win.
- 2 tickets to the Chelsea FC home opener on August 25, 2012
- Round trip economy airfare for 2 from the U.S. to London
- 3 nights hotel accommodations
- $500 American Express gift card
- Roundtrip coach airfare for two to Miami
- Three night stay in ocean view room at Delano
- One 60 minute couples massage at Delano
- Daily continental breakfast
- $200 American Express gift card
- $200 SpaFinder gift certificate
- $200 Loehmann’s gift certificate
- Four roundtrip economy class tickets to any destination in the continental U.S.
- $1,000 American Express gift card
- Travel must be completed one year from the date of issued certificate
Find out more and enter the sweepstakes HERE
American Express Travel is giving away a vacation each month through May
For March the prize is a Royal Caribbean Cruise for Two
- Voucher for 2 on Royal Caribbean cruise with stateroom accomodations
- Winner will select a cruise from list provided by Amex & Royal Caribbean
- Cruise must be selected by 12/31/12
- Air transportation to/ from port city is responsibility of the winner
- Average retail value of prize: $2,000
You can get up to seven sweepstakes entries:
One entry for signing up and six more for referring friends
Contest ends on March 30 at 3:59PM
Sign up for the contest Here
***This is not travel related but seems like a deal worthy of mentioning…
Vente-Privee is a joint venture between subsidiaries of American Express and vente-privee.com. Each day the site runs sales of up to 70% off in categories like fashion and homewares to sporting goods and electronics.
By signing up for an account, American Express Cardmembers can receive a $25 statement credit with first purchase of $50 or more when using a qualifying Amex card.
I’ve checked the site a few times and none of the sale have been of any interest but for that kind of offer I am going to try to check back each day to see what else gets added.
Sign up at vente-privee.com
Enjoy a complimentary cocktail, glass of wine or beer just for showing your JetBlue Card from American Express on select JetBlue flights.
I checked the website mentioned and did not see what qualified as a select flight. Offer is from Nov 1- Dec 31 2011. Sounds like a nice perk to me if your flight qualifies. Cheers!