May 28th was National Hamburger Day and the TSA wanted to clear things up when it came to burgers.
For those of you who do not know, the TSA social media account can be very helpful. If you’re unsure if an item is allowed to fly, you can send them a question via social media to find out the answer.
The TSA received a question “from a passenger who wanted his burger to go… out of the restaurant, thought the security checkpoint, and on the flight.”
I was pretty sure that it would be no issue to fly with a burger. It isn’t like it’s a liquid or gel so I can’t imagine what the problem could be.
Here’s the response from @TSA on Instagram, “Carnivores everywhere will be pleased to know that burgers are allowed through the security screening checkpoint. That goes for fries, too.”
So if you were curious whether or not a burger could fly and make it’s way through security, now you know- it won’t be a problem!
For those of you who enjoy a good burger, check out some of my reviews:
- Louis Lunch- Birthplace of the Hamburger- New Haven, CT
- Heavy Metal Burgers at Kuma’s Corner
- A Great TV Find: Jimmy’s Diner- Brooklyn, NY
- 5 Bizarre Burgers That I’ve Tried
- A Burger Worth Waiting For: Holeman & Finch- Atlanta, GA
- A Burger Masterpiece: Husk, Charleston
- Newark Airport Food Review: Custom Burgers
- A Deli-cious Burger at The General Muir
- Daily Meal’s 101 Best Burgers in America
- A Delicious Award Winning Burger & More at VB3- Jersey City, NJ
- Classic Burgers at the All-American Drive-In
- Is This the Best Burger in Cuba?
- Food Review: Shake Shack’s Bacon CheddarSHACK
- The Amazing French Onion Soup Burger at Le Rivage NYC
- I Won’t Be Making A Habit of Dining At The Habit Burger Grill
- Did Lucas & I Conquer Big Jud’s 1lb Burger in Boise
- The Workingman’s Friend, An Odd But Tasty Burger Experience
- The Awesome Off-Menu Burger at American Cut Tribeca, NYC
- Historic Burger Sliders at White Mana in Jersey City
- You’ll Dig Dining at Mister Dips- Brooklyn, NY
- The Awesome French Onion Soup Burger at Little Prince NYC
- What Should You Order At Salvation Burger NYC?
- Pass On The Steak, Head To Peter Luger For Their Amazing Burger
- You NEED To Try The Big Macher Burger at Mile End Deli
- Bigger Isn’t Always Better, The Cheeseburger at Jackson Hole- Queens, NY
- Food Review: The Cheeseburger At Keens Steakhouse
- Food Review: The Cheeseburger (& Wings) at Old Town Bar in NYC
- Trying The Top Rated Burger In America At Au Cheval NYC