A man flew into Nashville International Airport with almost 60 pounds of marijuana in his luggage and was quickly caught.
He flew in from Los Angeles on an unnamed airline. Besides the large quantity of marijuana, the passenger, Jose Medina Ayala also had over $2,700 in cash on him.
Metro Nashville Police told News Channel 5 “that they received a tip someone was traveling from L.A. to Nashville with drugs.”
The drugs were found by a K9 named Boston. In two suitcases they found 51 vacuum- sealed bags with a little over one pound of marijuana in each. Febreze was unsuccessfully used to try to hide the drug’s smell.
Ayala told the police that “he had no idea“about the drugs. He is being held on $100,000 bond after being booked on felony drug charges.
Find out more from Fox News here.
- Woman Caught At JFK Airport With $10,000 In Coke Up Her…
- Uber Driver Gets An Assist In Drug Bust
- Baggage Handlers Arrested For Transporting Drugs At Airport
- US Customs & Border Protection Find $164K Worth of Cocaine Taped To Man at JFK
- Two Caught At JFK Airport With $380,000 in Cocaine Taped To Legs
- Drug Smuggler Tries To Sneak Into US As Delta Pilot
- $160,000 Worth Of Cocaine Hidden On Fly Jamaica Airways Crew Member At JFK