Scorpions can be quite the nuisance.
A scorpion attacked a woman on an Alaska Airlines flight back in 2015. That same year another one stung a man three times causing a flight to turn back. Last year, a scorpion stung a passenger on a United flight.
In the latest incident involving the little arachnid, luckily nobody was stung…
A British tourist was surprised when he found a scorpion in his luggage when he returned home from a trip to Africa. The man was unpacking his luggage when it fell out.
The man was able to trap it in a jar and then called the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) who picked it up.
The jetsetting scorpion is a Babycurus jacksoni, also known as a red bark scorpion, or rusty thick-tail scorpion.
This kind of scorpion can give a non-fatal sting which feels like an electric shock.
It’s an offense to release or allow them to escape into the wild. They can only be owned legally in the UK with a license.
Fox News reports that, it’s “now in the care of an establishment that specializes in exotic animal species”.