- Free tickets are available for the public visit with Solar Impulse to see their solar airplane at JFK airport in NY. Visits will be held July 13 & 14.
- Here is an article that Kim found: Step right up and take a picture with a deadly predator at the circus in Russia.
- Jetblue has extended it’s schedule. Starting Sunday, July 14 at 12pm ET you can book flights with them through April 30.
- The U.S. is no longer the world’s fattest developed nation. Find out which country now has this title.
- Check out the CNN Travel article Go barefoot or go home: 15 best islands you’ve never heard of. I’ve heard of 3 from the list, how about you?
- Eater has an article about buying a trip to every three-star Michelin restaurant in the world. For $275,000 you’ll get to eat at all 107 three-star restaurants in 6 months. The price is per couple and includes business class travel and luxury hotel accommodations.
- Vote for the best US airport food in this USA Today and 10Best poll. My choice was easy- the JFK location of Shake Shack!
Deals and Offers:
- Win a chance to throw out the first pitch at a Mets game and 4 Party City Deck tickets. 45 First place winners will win a pair of Party City Deck tickets. Open to NY. NJ & CT residents only. Enter HERE by July 16.
- Five blogs are giving away a pair of tickets to Fiji. Enter by July 19.
- The Wandering Aramean writes about how the Hilton Q3 promo doesn’t completely suck. Earn Double or Triple your points on your next stay until September 30.
- Win an around the world trip for 2 from Radisson Blu. To enter you have to answer the questions: Which destination have you always dreamed of visiting and why? Enter HERE by August 15.
- Win a trip for two to Antwerp, Belgium in the Cut the Ribbon Sweepstakes. Flights leave from NYC or DC. Enter by August 25.
- Win a trip for two to La Tomatina in Valencia, Oktoberfest in Munich or Fringe Festival in Edinburgh from Hostelworld. Enter the sweepstakes on Facebook by July 17.
If you have any Travel News, Deals or Offers that you’d like to share, feel free to leave a comment below.