- AFAR shares The Great Barrier Reef’s Big Complicated Story.
- Smarter Travel has 5 Charts That Show COVID-19s Impact On Air Travel.
- T+L: This Bus in Brussels Is Playing Customized Messages To Make Locals Smile.
- Fodor’s wonders Where Are The Oldest Hotels In The World.
The coronavirus pandemic has virtually shut down travel across the globe.
The New York Times mentions how Hawaii has discouraged visitors by requiring them to self-quarantine for 14 days which could also lead to a free ticket for a flight home.
For travelers who can’t afford to follow the mandatory two week quarantine (which includes lodging and food delivery), there’s a Covid-19 flight assistance program Continue reading Hawaii Is Giving Some Visitors A FREE Flight Home!
In 2013, Kim, Lucas and I headed to Germany primarily to attend Oktoberfest in Munich. (Check out my post, Should You Take Your Toddler To Oktoberfest.)
I’d consider it possibly the greatest event and party that you can attend in the world! At some point and if my work schedule permits, I’d love to head to Munich again for this incredible event.
If you were planning to attend Munich’s Oktoberfest in 2020, sadly, you’ll have to wait. Continue reading Munich’s Oktoberfest 2020 Canceled Due To Coronavirus
- LA Times: Readers Share Their Wildest And Wackiest Travel Keepsakes.
- NY Post says to Look Left, Turn Right… Jump! Islands Offer Remote Tourism.
- Miami Herald writes Why Stranded US Citizens Pay So Much For Repatriation Flights.
- New York Times has 52 Places, Virtually.
- T+L says It’s Hard To Believe How Empty The World’s Top Tourists Destinations Are.
- AFAR tells us about The Best New Hotels In The World: The Stay List.
- Smarter Travel has 14 Amazing Travel Memoirs To Read While Your Stuck At Home.
- Lonely Planet reports Nikon Is Offering Free Photography Classes Online.
- Time reports U.S. Stops Issuing Passports Except For ‘Life-Or-Death’ Emergencies.
- CNTraveler: London’s Top Hotels Are Housing Doctors & Nurses Fighting Coronavirus.
- BBC shares news that Wimbledon Was Cancelled Due To The Coronavirus.
- NPR writes that the Coast Guard Tells Cruise Ships With COVID-19 Cases To Stay Away From U.S. Ports.
- NY Post reports the King Of Thailand ‘Isolates’ From Coronavirus With 20 Women.
- CBS News writes Four Seasons Hotel Is Offering NYC Medical Workers Free Rooms.
- Lonely Planet says October’s Deadline For Real ID Pushed Back Due To Coronavirus.
- Forbes reports Qatar Airways Extends Loyalty Program Elite Status By 12 Months.
Continue reading Qatar Airways Extends Elite Status, King Of Thailand Isolates With 20 Women, Four Seasons Offering NYC Medical Workers Free Rooms, Trump Won’t Stop American Travelers & More- Travel News!
- Lonely Planet shares How Hotels Around The World Are Turning Into Hospitals.
- T+L has 17 Brands To Support That Have Closed Store, Are Still Paying Employees.
- Smarter Travel says REAL ID Documents Can Now Be Submitted Online.
- Fodor’s writes that These 15 Animal-Shaped Buildings Are Wacky & Adorable.
- USA Today: Coronavirus Shutters Broadway, Cirque Du Soleil, Eiffel Tower & More.
- NY Times says The Tickets Home Were $5,000. They Paid It.
- NY Daily News: Coronavirus least of problems for NYC homeless who sleep at JFK.
- Fodor’s: A Flight Attendant Gives Inside Look At Airline Industry During Coronavirus.
Lots of countries are closing their borders and putting various travel restrictions in place to help stop the spread of the coronavirus.
The Galapagos Islands is an isolated archipelago around 1,000km off the coast of Ecuador. To keep the islands safe, Ecuador has a plan now in place. Continue reading To Enter Galapagos You’ll First Have To Spend 14 Days In Isolation