KLM is giving away a trip to Amsterdam in the I Want To Be In Holland Sweepstakes.
To enter the sweepstakes you must fill out the entry form on Facebook.
- Two round trip Economy Class (upgraded to Economy Comfort if space is available) tickets to Amsterdam
- Holland Pass booklet for winner & guest (includes free entrance & discount to museums, shops, restaurants and attractions in Amsterdam and select other cities in Holland)
How To Enter:
- “Like” KLM on Facebook
- On the KLM Facebook page click on the “I Want To Be In Holland” tab
- On entry form, in 140 characters or less write why you want to be in Holland
Open to legal residents of the United States & D.C.
Must be at least 18 years of age at time of entry
Trip must be taken between September 1, 2012- August 31, 2013
Sweepstakes ends August 17, 2012 at 11:59pm EST
Sign up for a chance to win the KLM sweepstakes HERE
KLM is running a sweepstakes- Meet 3 Top DJ’s at the Electronic Family Festival in Amsterdam.
The prize for the winner and guest includes:
- Air tickets to Amsterdam
- Three night stay at the Hilton Hotel in Amsterdam
- Two concert passes for Electronic Family Festival on June 30
- meet & greet with DJ’s
- Samsung SH100 WIFI camera: (Winner must make a movie about the experience with the camera from the prize package)
Contest ends June 10, 2012.
Enter the sweepstakes HERE
Drive It Home Scotland- win a 5-day trip for you and a friend to test your golf game against European golfers.
I am not a fan nor do I play golf but the prize sounds very nice. (I visited Scotland a while back and had a great time and it is a beautiful country)
There will be eight Grand Prize winners:
Two prize winners plus a travel companion will be a resident in the UK or Ireland or rest of the world. Two prize winners will be a resident of Germany or Sweden (“European winners”), Two prize winners will be a resident of Canada, Two prize winners will be a resident of USA (North American winners”).
Each prize includes:
- Two-night break for two people to one of the four regional prizes (allocated at random) offered on the Drive it Home website on a bed and breakfast basis in twin accommodation assuming two people sharing on Friday 5 and Saturday 6 October 2012.
- One night stay at The Gleneagles Hotel for two people on a bed and breakfast basis in twin accommodation assuming two people sharing on Sunday 7 October 2012
- Participation for the winner and travel companion in Scotland The Home of Golf Challenge on The PGA Centenary Course at Gleneagles
Drawing closes June 1, 2012
KLM is running a contest through Facebook called the Holland Classics.
The prize is a very nice trip to Amsterdam!
- Two economy class round trip tickets to Amsterdam on KLM
- Trip to the Keukenhof (flower exhibition) including a tour and tulip bulb package
- Visit to the Van Gogh Museum (probably my favorite art museum)
- Cheese tasting by Henry Willig
- Tour through the Amsterdam canals
- City tour by bus through Amsterdam
- Hotel stay in Amsterdam
Click here to enter the KLM Holland Classic Contest
The main terminals at Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport (AMS) were evacuated on Monday following a bomb threat.
A man called the military police saying he was in the airport and had a bomb.
Military police patrolled the airport, a bomb squad was present and hundreds of people had to wait outside.
At least a dozen flights were delayed.
Read more about it here
Here is another interesting way to put social networking to use for travel.
KLM has started a new program called Meet & Seat.
It allows you to see who’s on board your flight and get in touch with other passengers by connecting your Facebook and/ or LinkedIn account to your KLM booking profile.
KLM says you can meet other interesting travelers and increase networking opportunities- “Choose for yourself whether you want to meet for a coffee before the flight, select adjoining seats or share a cab to the conference you are both attending”. It sounds to me like it could become another form of internet dating or hook-up opportunities!
Meet & Seat is available for:
Bookings with 1 passenger
KLM flights between Amsterdam and New York, San Francisco and Sao Paulo
From 90 days until 48 hours before departure
Will be available on more KLM flights soon
Check out the demo video:
To find out more, Click Here