KLM wants to show how aware they are of the airline industry’s impact on the environment by giving a virtual tour of how “Blue Flies Green”. The tour is done on Facebook.
They are also giving away two round trip tickets on KLM to Amsterdam for showing your support of their eco-friendly initiatives.
Some of the steps KLM have taken are:
- A new aircraft painting system which uses thinner layers to reduce paint weight by 15%
- Only use recycled water to clean planes and engines are washed regularly for more fuel efficiency
- Source food from eco-friendly resources whenever possible which contributes to conservation efforts and helps offset climate changes
- Focusing more on electronic communications to reach a goal of paperless cockpits
- Meal service equipment has been lightened up for more fuel efficiency
- Has experimented flying with biofuels including a flight from Amsterdam to Rio.This was the longest distance any aircraft has flown on biofuels.
- Two KLM round- trip economy class tickets to Amsterdam. Winner may depart from the following US gateways: New York (JFK), Wash D.C. (IAD), Atlanta (ATL), Houston (IAH), Chicago (ORD), Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO)
- Tour of KLM facilities where you will get an insider tour of a KLM green initiative.
Entering the Sweepstakes:
- Go to KLM’s Facebook Page and click “Like”
- Click on the tab- How Blue Flies Green
- Scroll through the info and then enter your info to enter
Open to legal residents of the United States and DC
Must be at least 18 years of age at date of entry
Enter by December 6, 2012