In the sweepstakes up to 10 winners will win a $1,000 Hotels.com gift card! (If you win a prize, I hope that you don’t run into the issue we recently had with a booking.)
The way the sweepstakes works is that Hotels.com will search Twitter for a complaint about winter that includes a swear word. The qualifying tweet needs to use #WinterSwearJar in it. For each qualifying tweet, $0.25 will be added to the Swear Jar. (Hotels.com can also add more than $0.25 if they feel like doing so.)
From the T&Cs: Once the Swear Jar reaches $1,000, a prize will be made available, and Sponsor will award that prize in a random drawing of all entries received by the time of the drawing.
At that point, the Swear Jar will be emptied out and restarted at $0. This process will repeat until the end of the Entry Period. If the Swear Jar is not full on March 22, 2019, Sponsor reserves the right to not award any additional prizes.
The Prize: (up to 10 winners)
- $1,000 Hotels.com gift card
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and DC
- Must be at least 18 years old to qualify
- Limit of one entry per person per day
How To Enter: (Two ways)
- Visit www.WinterSwearJar.com, complete the entry form, and you will receive an entry.
- Post a complaint about winter on Twitter using the hashtag #WinterSwearJar
The contest started over two weeks back and to date, 2 jars have been given away so there are still 8 prizes left.
Sweepstakes ends on March 22, 2019 at 11:59 PM CT or when all ten prizes are awarded.