We’re always looking for new restaurants to try out close to home and it’s always interesting to hear which places are enjoyed most by people in the biz.
Food & Wine shared the Top 5 New York restaurant picks from Anthony Bourdain and I was definitely interested to see if I’ve been to any. If I haven’t, then maybe I’d have a few more places to add to my list!
I’m sure most of you know Anthony Bourdain from his CNN show, Parts Unknown and his original Travel Channel Show, No Reservation but he was also a chef. He also gets to travel around the world, checking out restaurants along the way.
Here are the Top 5 NYC Restaurant Picks according to Anthony Bourdain:
- Shake Shack: When Bourdain is out of the country for a while, the first thing he does when he gets home is order Shack from Seamless. (Shake Shack is one of my favorite places to grab a burger, chicken sandwich or shake.)
- Russ & Daughters: Bourdain’s order is “bialys, smoked salmon, chopped liver, cream cheese, fish eggs, and sturgeon.”
- Mission Chinese Food: Bourdain visits for “fun“- he “drinks cocktails with food” and his “judgement is destroyed by the time the appetizers arrive“. (I’ve never dined at Mission’s restaurant but I did try their food at a pop-up a couple of years back. It was interesting and tasty but definitely a bit spicy.)
- Osteria Morini: “Emilia-Romagna cuisine and a great spot for carb-loading.“
- Marea: Bourdain goes for the pasta and has tried 3-4 different ones in a visit!
Out of the 5 restaurants which made the cut, I’ve been to two of them (kind of). If I had to pick my favorite NY restaurants it would be really tough to do. I’d go with Pies N Thighs, Mile End, Shake Shack, Roberta’s and Emmy Squared.
Do you have any favorite NYC restaurants? Feel free to share!
Find out more from Food & Wine here.