Over the past few days some more info has come out about the Anthony Bourdain Market.
Let’s take a look:
Bourdain Market recently launched an Instagram account “chronicling the planning of the food center. The account features shots of the markets that the team is scouting for potential vendors“, according to Eater.
Here are a couple of the scouting images: (from Instagram)
Artist renderings of Bourdain Market:
Anthony Bourdain also has a “market wish list’ according to Eater.
Here is the list:
- White pepper crab from JB Ah Meng in Singapore
- Octopus and cod ceviche tostada from La Guerrerense in Ensenada, Mexico
- Hainanese Chicken Rice from Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice in Singapore
- Noodle Soup with brisket & shrimp wontons from Mak’s Noodle Shop in Hong Kong
- Dim Sum from Tim Ho Wan in Hong Kong
- Bun Thai from The Lunch Lady in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Geylang claypot rice from 649 Geylang Claypot Rice in Singapore
- Roast goose and barbecued pork from Joy Hing Roasted Meats in Hong Kong
- Char Kway Teow from Hill Street Fried Kway Teow in Singapore
- Sarawak laksa from Choon Hui Cafe in Kuching, Malaysia
Sounds like a pretty interesting list. I’d want to try many of these dishes. The one that sounds the most intriguing to me is the noodle soup with brisket and shrimp wontons from Mak’s Noodle Shop. Which dish would you most like to try?
Check out the Bourdain Market Instagram account here.