Last month I wrote about Uber offering a very nice deal for stranded L train passengers in New York City.
Due to the MTA shutting down the L train for 5 weekends, Uber has been offering $5 flat rate UberPool rides along the line from NYC to Williamsburg in Brooklyn during these dates.
Uber says that “thousands of people have taken advantage of $5 UberPool flat rates between Williamsburg and Manhattan“.
Uber will be trying to help out even more for the final two weekends of the L line shutdown by lowering the rates! The rates are being lowered “to ensure you can get where you need, when you need“. Pretty noble of Uber isn’t it…
Flat rate UberPool rides will cost just $2.75 for the final two weekends. The new pricing started last night, May 8 and will go through May 18. (Weekends start on Fridays at 11:30 pm and end on Mondays at 5 am.)
Here is another cool perk of riding UberPool from Manhattan to Williamsburg.
If you show the receipt from your ride at The Meatball Shop in Williamsburg you’ll get a free ice cream sandwich with purchase. I’ve dined at this location and have to say that the food was awesome and I’d highly recommend giving it a try.
Find out more about Uber’s new $2.75 flat rate rides along the L line here.
If any of you happen to not already have an Uber account:
Sign up through my referral link and you’ll get your first ride free, up to $20. I’ll earn a $20 free ride too after you take your first ride.
- Uber- Can Someone Please Explain The Big Deal
- Woman Passes Out, Taken On $293 Uber Ride
- $94 For 2 Mile Cab Ride: Uber’s Surge Pricing
- Apparently, She Didn’t Read My Beware Of Uber Surge Pricing Post
- Uber Surge Pricing on NYE, Should Riders Be Annoyed?
- $908 Cab Ride & Passenger Would Uber Again
- Poll Results: Is Uber Surge Pricing Fair?
- Uber Surge Pricing During NYC Blizzard, Maybe It’s Not So Bad?
- Uber To Create 1,000,000 Jobs For Women
- Basketball Star Drives For Uber