When traveling, the costs from museum admission fees can add up really fast, especially when travelling with a family. However, there are lots of museums which will let you in for free.
Smarter Travel came up with a slideshow featuring “10 Amazing Free Museums in the United States“.
Here is the list:
- Smithsonian Institution– Washington D.C.
- Cleveland Museum of Art– Cleveland, OH
- Bronx Museum– Bronx, NYC
- The Getty Center– Los Angeles, CA
- The Baltimore Museum of Art– Baltimore, MD
- Olympic Sculpture Park– Seattle, WA
- The Menil Collection– Houston, TX
- The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art– Kansas City, MO
- Frye Art Museum– Seattle, WA
- The Museum at F.I.T.– New York City
From Smarter Travel’s list we’ve ony been to one of the ten.
The Smithsonian Institution is made up of 19 museums, galleries and the National Zoo. I’ve been to a bunch of these museums and would recommend visiting the Museum of the American Indian, which is my favorite (the NY location is also very good), the Air and Space Museum and American History Museum.
We’re planning to stop by The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art this week since we are currently in Kansas City.
Have you been to any of the free museums from this list? If so, which did you visit and how did you like it?
If you have any other free museums to suggest, please share with us in the comments below.
Find out more about each of the 10 Amazing Free Museums from Smarter Travel HERE.