Here is some info:
Included in my ticket to the NY Trav Fest (back in April) was a spot on Scott’s Pizza Tours. The tour was a blast and we got to eat a lot of pizza at some great places and also learned quite a bit from Scott, our pizza obsessed guide.
During the tour Scott mentioned a charity event that he started a few years back called Slice Out Hunger. I kept the event in mind and hoped that we would be home when it came up.
Slice Out Hunger is “New York City’s Biggest Pizza Party”. Pies are donated from some of the top pizzerias around the city and sell for $1 per slice.
The way it works is:
- Show up
- Buy $1 tickets at the door
- Use your tickets for Pizza, Drinks, Snacks & Raffle Tickets
So where does the $$$ raised go?
- 100% of the proceeds go to Food Bank For New York City.
- They are able to “produce 5 meals for every $1 raised”!
Scott’s Pizza Tour will match every dollar raised and Brooklyn Flea will match half of what is raised. This means one slice will create 12.5 meals for the Food Bank!
This year there will be 700+ pies donated so there should be plenty of pizza to go around.
Pizza is being donated from some of our favorite NYC pizzerias like:
- Sam’s Restaurant
Where is the event?
- Slice Out Hunger takes place on Wednesday October 9 at 6:00 PM at St Anthony’s Church- 154 Sullivan Street (at Houston).
The event ends when there is no pizza left.
Kim, Lucas and I will be heading over to Slice Out Hunger. We all love pizza and $1 per slice for a great cause makes it a can’t miss event!
Find out more about Slice Out Hunger online HERE.