Don’t forget to check out my 2nd blogging anniversary post and enter my giveaway!
Lonely Planet has a list of six alternatives to Halloween. According to the article, “Halloween isn’t the only festival for fans of costume parties, the occult, fireworks and general merriment.”
Here are the 6 alternatives:
- Dia de Muertos (Day of the Dead): Oaxaca, Mexico- November 1-2
- La Diablada: Puno, Peru- week leading up to November 5
- Bonfire Night: High St, Lewes, East Sussex, England- November 5
- Festa del Cornuto (Festival of the Horned One): Rocca Canterano, Italy- November
- Pirates Week: George Town Harbour, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands- ten days in mid-November
- Fantasy Fest: Duval St, Key West, Florida, USA- 10 days ending on last Sunday in November
We rarely dress up for Halloween but are thinking of doing so for Lucas this year. We could always use our tracht (traditional German clothing) which we wore at Oktoberfest. You can see what my tracht (lederhosen) looks like here.
Do you plan to dress up for Halloween? Have any of you taken part in any of the other festivals listed above?
Find out about each of the 6 alternatives to Halloween in the Lonely Planet article HERE.