The New York Daily News had a slideshow a few months back of bizarre restaurants around the world. I found the slide show to be (for the most part) very interesting. It features 11 restaurants, some unique and worthy of a visit, others really weird and ridiculous.
Here is the list:
- Dinner in the sky, Brussels– dine in the sky as a crane suspends the gigantic table 50 meters in the sky
- Aurum Restaurant, Singapore– hospital themed restaurant where you can dine while sitting in a wheelchair. I saw this restaurant on No Reservations a while back. I think Aurum may have closed.
- Hibaritei Cafe, Tokyo– male servers dress up in funky maid costumes
- Toilet-themed restaurant, Hangzhou– food is served in miniature toilet bowls
- Buns and Guns Restaurant, Beirut– customers sit behind a wall of sandbags and chefs dress in military uniforms
- Cafe Neko, Vienna– five cats roam freely around the restaurant
- Cabbages and Condoms Restaurant, Bangkok.- waiters wear large condoms on their head and aims to educate the public about safe sex. I remember reading about this place in our guide book and walking by it while in Bangkok. I did not see any condom head waiters!
- Hear Attack Grill, Arizona– try out the triple bypass cheeseburger here
- Hospital-themed restaurant, Taiwan– waitresses dressed as nurses serve drinks through am IV bag drip
- Clothing Optional Dinner, NYC– nudists hold clothing optional dinners around New York
- Special Enjoyment Restaurant, China– My favorite on the list. This restaurant is shaped like an A380
Here are a couple of more pictures from the slideshow:
|Cabbages & Condoms Restaurant|
|Special Enjoyment Restaurant|
Check out the complete slideshow HERE
***Photos from this post were taken from the Daily News slideshow***