Burgers rank high on my list of favorite foods coming in just behind pizza. (Maybe even a tie.) While at home and when traveling (mainly domestic), I try to find the best burgers to chow down on.
The thing that I find so great about burgers is how they can be prepared so many different ways. The types of meat, bun, cheese and other toppinsg can make for an infinite amount of combinations!
Another fun thing about burgers are how they also come in a wide range of regional varieties. For example- Minnesota has the Juicy Lucy’s which are stuffed with cheese while Milwaukee has butter burgers (use your imagination). I loved Minnesota’s regionally unique burger but found Milwaukee’s to not be my thing.
There are many best burger lists out there and I just came across another from Yahoo Travel. (I also want to thank Brian who writes BoardingArea blog The Gate for sending it my way.)
I went over Yahoo’s list and have heard of half of the places mentioned, and I have tried two of them.
Here are Yahoo’s picks for Best Burgers in America:
- Office Burger– Father’s Office, Santa Monica, CA
- Torta De Hamburguesa– Topolobampo, Chicago
- 3D Valley Farm Burger– Holy Grale, Louisville, KY
- Double Cheeseburger– Holeman & Finch Public House, Atlanta
- Surf, Turf & Air Wagyu Kobe Burger– Tender- Las Vegas
- South Carolina Burger- Sesame Burgers & Beer, Charleston, SC
- Green Chile Cheeseburger– Santa Fe Bite, Santa Fe, NM
- Juicy Nookie– Casper & Runyon’s Nook, St Paul, MN
- Sebastian’s Steakhouse Burger– Brindle Room, NYC
- The Big Okie– Hank’s Hamburgers, Tulsa, OK
I tried the Double Cheeseburger at Holeman and Finch during our trip to Atlanta two times. I had it at the restaurant and at the Braves game the following day. Find out more in my post A Burger Worth Waiting For: Holeman and Finch.
I tried the Brindle Room’s Steakhouse Burger a couple of years back and remember liking it but not enough to return since. I wish I remembered more details about it but it’s been a while…
Have you tried any burgers from Yahoo’s list? If so, which one(s) and how was it?
Find out about each of Yahoo’s picks for Best Burgers in America here.
- Louis Lunch- Birthplace of the Hamburger- New Haven, CT
- Heavy Metal Burgers at Kuma’s Corner
- A Great TV Find: Jimmy’s Diner- Brooklyn, NY
- 5 Bizarre Burgers That I’ve Tried
- Zagat: 10 Crazy Burgers From Around the U.S.