This past September, we finally got to attend a festival that I’ve been dying to go to for years- Oktoberfest. We had an incredible time and I’d love to go again in the future.
Fodor’s included Oktoberfest in a slideshow that was of interest to me, 14 Festivals To Attend Before You Die.
Festivals included in the slideshow take place all around the world. Some of the festivals I’ve heard of and would love to check out in person, while some of them were new to me.
Here are the festivals mentioned:
- Carnival in Rio- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Oktoberfest in Germany- Munich, Germany
- Dia de los Muertos in Mexico- Oaxaca, Mexico
- Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Kumbh Mela, India- Nashik, India
- Mardi Gras in New Orleans- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Il Palio In Siena- Siena, Italy
- La Tomatina in Spain- Bunol, Spain
- Diwali in India- India
- San Fermen Festival in Pamplona- Pamplona, Spain
- Pingxi Lantern Festival in Taiwan- Pingxi, Taiwan
- Carnival of Venice- Venice, Italy
- Saint Patrick’s Day Festival in Dublin- Dublin, Ireland
- White Nights and Scarlet Sails Festival in Saint Petersburg, Russia
So which festivals would I like to attend? I’d assume that all of these festivals would be fun to take part in, each for very different reasons. If I could pick only three festivals to attend (not including Oktoberfest) from this list I’d go to Dia de los Muertos, La Tomatina and the Pingxi Lantern Festival.
Which festivals from Fodor’s slideshow have you attended? Which would you most like to attend in person in the future?
Find out more about each of the festivals HERE.