One major U.S. airline just announced some interesting additions to their food and beverage offerings on board.
United Airline’s beer, wine and snack options will be expanding on pretty much all of their flights over two hours!
Starting on June 1, beverages like “beer, wine and White Claw Hard Seltzer, making United the first major US airline to offer hard seltzer onboard“, according to a press release.
A couple of weeks later, the airline will offer a new menu of for-purchase snacks as well as new premium cabin meal options for most flights over 1,500 miles and hub to hub flights over 800 miles or longer than two hours.
Here’s what the new offerings will look like:
Adult Beverage Options:
- White Claw Mango
- Breckenridge Brewery Juice Drop Hazy IPA
- Kona Brewing Co. Big Wave Golden Ale
- Michelob ULTRA
- Stella Artois
- Red, white and sparkling wine options
New Snack Boxes:
- Tapas Box: Hummus, bruschetta, breadstick crackers, flatbread crackers, sea salt almonds, olives, dark chocolate sea salt caramel
- Takeoff Box: Salami, apricots, gouda cheese spread, white cheddar cheese spread, multigrain crackers, cream crackers, smoked almonds, Toblerone
- Recline Box: Pirate’s Booty white cheddar puffs, honey mustard pretzels, gummi bears, OREO cookies
New A la Carte Options:
- Trü Frü Banana Bites: hyper-dried bananas covered in dark chocolate
- Food Should Taste Good Chips & Salsa Box: gluten-free, sweet potato “tortilla” chips with roasted pepper salsa
- GourmetNut Mega Omega Trail Mix: snack mix with walnuts, dried mango, almonds, cranberries, pumpkin seeds
New Domestic Premium Cabin Menu Items:
- Fresher options like egg scramble with plant-based chorizo and grilled chicken breast with orzo and lemon basil pesto – sides and dessert
- United has also partnered with Eli’s Cheesecake to create a uniquely United chocolate pie flavor called “Pie in the Sky”
Which of the new beverages and snacks would you be most interested in trying?