Pizza definitely ranks up there as one of my two favorite foods. (It’s really tough to decide whether or not I like pizza or burgers better, so let’s call it a tie.)
A new kind of pizza option could be making it’s way around the country soon. Would you dine at a Pizza ATM?
Grub Street writes how “French company Paline debuted its self-serve Pizza ATM at Xavier University back in August, and since then the company says that businesses and colleges located in 20 states and Canada have inquired about getting their own“.
In 2012, Grub Street first mentioned how pizza vending machines could be coming to the US. Now it looks like there’s a chance these Pizza ATM machines might end up all around the country!
(The machines are ready to ship but those who purchase one will be required by Paline to visit the Pizza Chef School at Xavier for training.)
I’d definitely try out a pie from a Pizza ATM.
Here is how the machine works:
A refrigerated area of the machine stores pizza dough which has been fermented for two days, par baked along with eight topping options. You place your order by touchscreen. Once this is done, the machine moves your pizza to a convection oven and when it’s finished the pie gets placed in a box. The whole process takes around three minutes.
Pretty cool if you ask me, I just wonder if it tastes like Ellio’s or fresh pizza from a pizzeria!
Would you be interested in trying a pie from a Pizza ATM?
Related Pizza Posts:
- Patsy Grimaldi Returns: Juliana’s Pizza- Brooklyn, NY
- Food Review: Pizza Pot Pie- Chicago
- Margot’s Pizza: An Awesome Pizzeria Within A Pizzeria, Bklyn, NY
- One of the Best Underrated Pizzerias in Brooklyn, NY
- World’s 10 Best Pizza Cities
- Top 10 Pizza Restaurants in the US
- The Daily Meal’s 101 Best Pizza in America 2015
- 2013: An Awesome Pizza Experience At Slice Out Hunger
- 2014: Certified Pizza Awesomeness: Slice Out Hunger
- Best Pizza Cites in the World
- Emmy Squared- Pizza Perfection in Brooklyn, NY
- Impressive Airport Pizza by Wolfgang Puck at CUN