A couple of years back I wrote about how Blue Smoke was going to be served in business class on more Delta flights. I also wrote about Delta’s Blue Smoke menu along with my picks.
For those of you unfamiliar with Blue Smoke, here is some info. Blue Smoke is part of Union Square Hospitality Group which was founded by Danny Meyer (the guy that created Shake Shack).
It turns out that Delta really must like the food from Danny Meyer’s restaurants. Starting this fall, food from another Meyer restaurant, North End Grill will be served on the new Delta One menu.
North End Grill is a French-inspired restaurant located in NYC’s Battery Park City. Dining at the restaurant isn’t cheap and it follows the newly popular no-tipping policy so price include hospitality.
The new food offerings start today, September 1 on Delta One on select trans-Atlantic and transcontinental flights.
Here is the menu:
- Roasted Marcona Almonds with Espelette
Jack’s Barrel Celebration
- Raise a glass and celebrate the 150th birthday of an American legend with this specialty fall cocktail. Featuring one-of-a-kind Jack Daniel’s® Single Barrel Select, crisp apple juice and a spicy splash of ginger ale.
- Shrimp and Egg Mayonnaise chives and tarragon
- Farm Lettuces Valbreso feta, scallion and Champagne vinaigrette Sorrel and Chive Soup crème fraîche
- Assorted Breads
- Short Rib Cannelloni Port, black truffle, wild mushrooms and parmesan
- Braised Cascun Farms Chicken Leg chestnut spaetzle, Dijon and cornichons
- Pink Sea Trout marble potatoes, carrots, turnips and pearl onions
- Potato and English Pea Croquette roasted brussels sprouts and romesco
- Sundae Bar Choice of ice cream: vanilla bean or strawberry Sauces: orange butter “scotch” or milk chocolate, fennel and raspberry Toppings: chestnut praline crunch and whipped cream
- North End Grill’s Classic Opera Cake
- Selection of Fine Cheeses Cypress Grove Midnight Moon, Kaltbach Gruyère and Buttermilk Blue Affinée offered with fresh fruit and fig compote
- Skybreak Basket A variety of sweet and savory snacks will be available for your enjoyment.
ALMOST THERE Served with seasonal fresh fruit and assorted breads
- Fresh Cold Pressed Juice citrus, carrot and makrut lime juice
Please select one of the options below.
- Quiche with Broccoli, Spinach and Gruyère Brooklyn Cured Duck-Fennel Sausage
- Five Acre Farms Yogurt Parfait maple-pecan granola with fresh fruit preserves apple and date breakfast bar
This looks like it will be a fine dining experience for those of you flying on Delta when the menu is served. The food will be prepared at the Union Square Events kitchen in Chelsea, NY which is “home to the catering and venue hospitality arm of Union Square Hospitality Group,” according to the Delta press release.
The menu will be available on all westbound flights from JFK to Los Angeles International Airport and San Francisco International Airport in Delta One.
Certain items will be switched on the first of each month until November 30 which is when the North End Grill menu will be offered until.
Find out more about the new Delta One menu here.