In early 2014 I wrote about 10 Crazy Driving Laws Around the World.
A couple of favorites were: Russia- keep your car clean and Alabama- don’t drive blindfolded!
There are definitely odd laws all around the world that we need to be careful of violating while visiting a new country. For instance, during our recent (and upcoming) visit to the UAE, I need to be extra careful not to curse while texting. Luckily, there isn’t really much for me to worry about since I don’t text while using my phone in foreign counties.
Well what about odd laws at home in the good old USA?
I can’t say that I am too familiar with strange laws around the country but I will try to remember the law mentioned above for Alabama.
Thrillist recently had an article about The Weirdest Laws In Every State in America. When I saw the title, I was definitely curious to find out some crazy laws which exist around the US.
Rather than mention all 50 strange laws, I’ll just include a few of my favorites.
- Alaska– Don’t give a moose a beer. Would somebody actually do this?
- Arkansas– Mispronouncing the state name is strictly forbidden. Just to help some of you out, it’s Ar-Can-Saw
- Connecticut– For a pickle to legally be called a pickle, it must bounce. I’ll keep that in mind if I ever decide to make pickles.
- Indiana– You can not catch fish with bare hands anywhere in the state. Doubt I could do so even if I tried.
- Massachusetts– Exploding golf balls can get first-time offenders a fine of up to $500. This just makes no sense…
- New Mexico– Singing or playing the national anthem or Oh Fair New Mexico in the state must be fully completed. Weird…
- Ohio– Giving fish alcohol is not allowed. My thoughts- same idea as Alaska.
- Texas– If you’re standing up, you can only take 3 sips of beer. Why?
Do you know of any other strange laws in US states (or around the world)? If so please share them in the comments.
Find out about all of the weirdest laws in each US state here.