As much as I don’t like Uber’s surge pricing model, they do seem to try to do a lot of good, giving back to charities and forming other interesting partnerships.
I received an e-mail yesterday from Uber about a new partnership with UN Women about “working together around the world toward a shared vision of equality and women’s empowerment“.
They feel that the intended goals can only be achieved “when all women have direct access to safe and equitable earning opportunities“. I’m definitely interesting in hearing about how Uber plans to come out successful in reaching their goals by 2020. I mean 2020 is actually not so far away and 1,000,000 jobs sure does sound like a huge amount to create.
Hopefully Uber will keep us updated on what the partnership with UN Women is accomplishing around the world.
Find out more on the Uber blog here.
- Uber- Can Someone Please Explain The Big Deal
- Woman Passes Out, Taken On $293 Uber Ride
- $94 For 2 Mile Cab Ride: Uber’s Surge Pricing
- Apparently, She Didn’t Read My Beware Of Uber Surge Pricing Post
- Uber Surge Pricing on NYE, Should Riders Be Annoyed?
- $908 Cab Ride & Passenger Would Uber Again
- Poll Results: Is Uber Surge Pricing Fair?
- Uber Surge Pricing During NYC Blizzard, Maybe It’s Not So Bad?