Over the years Kim and I have had many amazing and memorable animal-related experiences while traveling. A couple of years back I wrote a post about My Top 5 Animal Encounters. We also had a great time during Our First American Safari in Custer State Park in South Dakota. During our time in Custer, we had an interesting time Hanging With the Burros.
Besides the experiences mentioned above, we’ve also been on safaris in Namibia, Kenya & Uganda and also had some other great experiences in South Africa.
When it comes to animal experiences, it can also be as simple as feeding a stray or Visiting a Cat Museum & Cafe in Russia. Since I (and my family- including Lucas) love animals, we always have fun interacting with them (responsibly of course).
Conde Naste Traveler came up with a slide show of 10 Places Where You Can Come Face To Face With Animals.
When I saw the title of the post, I was excited to see what they came up with.
Here is the list of experiences from CN Traveler:
- Wade with Pigs– Pig Beach, Bahamas
- Frolic with Rabbits– Rabbit Island, Japan
- Scuba with Whale Sharks– Isla Mujeres, Mexico
- Stroll with Sea Lions– San Francisco
- Swim with Jellyfish– Jellyfish Lake, Eil Malk, Palau
- Chirp with Frogs– El Yunque National Forest, Puerto Rico
- Sunbathe with Cows– Goa, India
- Suit Up for Penguins– Penguin City, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina
- Mingle with Kangaroos & Koalas– Kangaroo Island, Australia
- Dive with Bioluminescent Dinos– Maldives
While going over the list, there were a few experiences that I’ve been wanting to do for quite some time. I really want to swim with whale sharks, visit Jellyfish Lake and head back to Australia to visit Kangaroo Island.
I’m also hoping that we will have time to visit El Yunque National Forest and visit one of the bioluminescent lakes during a tip to Puerto Rico later in the year.
Check out the slide show from Conde Naste Traveler here and find out a little about each of the animal experiences from the list.
Let us know in the comments below, which of them you’d most like to do?