Back in December I wrote about 14 Festivals To Attend Before You Die from Fodor’s.
We finally got to attend one of the festivals that made the list (in September), Oktoberfest. We had an amazing time, drank a ton of beer and would definitely love to go again at some point. Fodor’s list included festivals from all around the world including the odd La Tomatina in Spain.
I love visiting strange sites and attractions and enjoyed learning about the weirdest things about each state recently.
A couple of days back I came across a list of fun festivals from Buzzfeed. After looking over the list of 15 Bizarre Festivals Only Found In the U.S., I wasn’t too surprised that I had only heard of a couple of them.
None of these festivals are located in the NYC area. They also aren’t your typical county or state fair.
Check out the list:
- Roadkill Cookoff– Marlinton, West Virginia
- Testicle Festival– Clinton, Montana
- Nalukataq Festival– Barow, Alaska
- Wisconsin State Cow Chip Throw and Festival– Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin
- Eeyore’s Birthday Festival– Austin, Texas
- Underwater Music Festival– Florida Keys
- San Fermin Festival– New Orleans
- Wayne Chicken Show– Wayne, Nebraska
- Humungus Fungus Festival– Crystal Falls, Michigan
- National Hollerin’ Contest– Spivey’s Corner, North Carolina
- National Lentil Festival– Pullman, Washington
- Gilroy Garlic Festival– Gilroy, California
- Hatfield & McCoy Reunion Festival- Williamson, West Virginia
- Duck Tape Festival– Avon, Ohio
- Tarantula Awareness Festival– Coarsegold, California
Here are the 3 that I’d most like to check out:
Find out about each of the 15 Bizarre Festivals from Buzzfeed HERE.