(Don’t forget to vote in my poll: Is it wrong to take amenity kits when flying in coach?)
I love using OpenTable when dining out since it’s another easy way to get something back.
There are times when we’ve earned points with OpenTable, miles/ points from one of the many dining programs and (obviously) earned points for charging our meal. This method can be a nice way to triple-dip when it comes to miles & points earning…
OpenTable recently introduced a new way to pay through their app and yesterday I received a very nice offer to give it a try.
With this offer, if I pay for a dine through the OpenTable app I’ll get $20 towards my bill.
This is definitely a huge incentive to give their payment option a try. The only catch is that the offer is only good until April 20. Also, restaurants currently accepting the OpenTable payment option are a bit limited at the moment.
Luckily a restaurant that I’ve wanted to try in Manhattan accepts payments with this new option so I went ahead and made a reservation for this Saturday afternoon!
Here is how Pay with OpenTable works:
- Open up your OpenTable app during your meal. By doing this you’ll see a way to view your check.
- See your check in real-time and then pay at any time. What’s nice about this is that you won’t have to wait to find your busy waiter to ask for the bill.
- Leave whenever you’re done, your server will see that you paid the bill and your receipt will be sent to you via e-mail.
Sounds simple enough… You’ll also need to add a credit card to the app and verify your cell number.
That’s pretty much all it takes to Pay with OpenTable.
A little more about the $20 off by paying with the app:
- Make a reservation and dine by 11:59 pm PT on April 20 at a restaurant that accepts OpenTable mobile payments.
- Enter the promo code: datenight in the app when viewing your check
- Save $20!
Some other rules: (from OpenTable)
- The $20 credit is only valid for a dine-in meal paid for via Pay with OpenTable
- Offer is non-transferrable and cannot be combined with any other promotion or coupon code.
- Only one $20 credit may be redeemed per person.
- OpenTable reserves the right to change or terminate this offer at any time without notice.
- You must be 18 years of age or older and a resident of the United States. Void where prohibited.
Thoughts about the offer:
As you see, it says that this offer is non-transferrable however, when looking into this I found this deal on some deal sites with the same promo code that I received. Nothing about this code is unique so I’d guess that it should work for anyone trying it out. Then again, I could be wrong… If you happen to be dining out within the promo period, it’s definitely worth giving a try… Saving $20 (at least in NYC) is like getting one person’s meal for free more or less!
Do any of you like to use OpenTable for restaurant reservations?