Rough Guides is running a contest with the prize being a Pentax Optio WG-1 Waterproof Digital Camera
Kim and I have been using waterproof cameras for years. I wouldn’t choose one as our main camera but I think they serve a useful purpose. Our waterproof cameras have come in handy while swimming, snorkeling and even just walking around in the rain.
Some Features of the Camera:
- 14 megapixels
- Waterproof, Shockproof, Crushproof, Coldproof, Dustproof
- 2.7 inch LCD Screen
- Wide-angle 5x internal optical zoom lens
- GPS Functionality
Contest ends August 3, 2012
Must be 16 or older to enter
Promotion open to residents of the United Kingdom, Canada (except Quebec) and the U.S.A.
Enter for your chance to win the Pentax Optio WG-1 HERE
If you’ve ever dreamed of being a published travel writer, then this contest is for you!
is sponsoring a travel scholarship contest. The winner will be mentored in three countries in South East Asia- Singapore, Bali (Indonesia) and Malaysia.
A little about the contest:
- Contest open to students, non-professional writers and lovers of travel looking for a career change (They consider you a professional travel writer if you’ve been published regularly in newspapers, travel magazines or travel journals. We would also consider you to be a professional travel writer if you derive more than 25% of your income from travel writing)
- If you’ve had a few stories published or have a travel blog, you are not considered a professional
- Submission Deadline: April 23, 2012
- Must be able to write well in English
- Must be comfortable doing some travel on your own
- Be 18 years or older by submission deadline
- Have a current passport valid for at least six months
- Winner must be available to travel on assignment June 18- July 6
1-Write a 2,000 character or less (spaces included) travel essay based on a personal experience about one of these themes:
- ‘Understanding a Culture through Food
- ‘A Local Encounter that Changed my Life’
- ‘Seeing the World through Others Eyes’
- ‘Giving Back on the Road’
2- Complete the entry form with contact details and a max. 800 character essay about why you should be chosen and what this opportunity means to you.
3-One entry per person
4-Entry must be submitted in English
If you are interested in applying for the scholarship, Click Here