If you’ve ever dreamed of being a published travel writer, then this contest is for you!
World Nomads is sponsoring a travel scholarship contest. The winner will be mentored in three countries in South East Asia- Singapore, Bali (Indonesia) and Malaysia.
A little about the contest:
- Contest open to students, non-professional writers and lovers of travel looking for a career change (They consider you a professional travel writer if you’ve been published regularly in newspapers, travel magazines or travel journals. We would also consider you to be a professional travel writer if you derive more than 25% of your income from travel writing)
- If you’ve had a few stories published or have a travel blog, you are not considered a professional
- Submission Deadline: April 23, 2012
- Must be able to write well in English
- Must be comfortable doing some travel on your own
- Be 18 years or older by submission deadline
- Have a current passport valid for at least six months
- Winner must be available to travel on assignment June 18- July 6
1-Write a 2,000 character or less (spaces included) travel essay based on a personal experience about one of these themes:
- ‘Understanding a Culture through Food
- ‘A Local Encounter that Changed my Life’
- ‘Seeing the World through Others Eyes’
- ‘Giving Back on the Road’
2- Complete the entry form with contact details and a max. 800 character essay about why you should be chosen and what this opportunity means to you.
3-One entry per person
4-Entry must be submitted in English
If you are interested in applying for the scholarship, Click Here