About a year ago I started running as another way to exercise (I’ve been working out for years). To keep motivated, I’ve been running 5K races a couple of times a month.
One of my favorite 5Ks that I participated in took place on an airport runway-the JFK Runway Run this past April. I had a great time and got to see parts of the airport (I am assuming) that are usually not accessible to the public. There were some great closeup views of planes taking off too!
When I got home from the race I decided to start looking around for similar races close to the New York City area. After doing a bit of research, I came across the Teterboro Airport Runway Run 5K in New Jersey.
This will be the 15th year of the Teterboro 5K and it should draw over 1,000 runners. The race benefits NJ 2-1-1- the United Way’s free service in New Jersey that connects people with social services and community programs. There will also be over $10,000 in random prizes given out. (Maybe some free flights???)
Some race details:
- The Teterboro Airport 5K takes place on July 21, 2012
- Race starts at 8:30AM
- Nobody will be allowed entry to the airport and race staging area after 7:55AM
- Registration Fees: $22 by July 16, $25 after July 16 and on race day
- The race is timed by ChronoTrack D-Tag
- Registration includes a Teterboro 5K T-Shirt
Find out more about the Teterboro Runway Run and sign up HERE
**Image above: Teterboro Airport page on panynj.gov