However, over the past couple of years, we’ve been taking more road trips within the United States. The uptick in road trips we’ve taken (to some extent) have been due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Over winter break 2019, we went on a Deep South Road Trip. During the trip, we spent eight nights traveling through five states. Besides lots of short trips we also took a road trip to Maine this past summer. During that trip, we tried 15 lobster rolls!
Lonely Planet recently shared a post with 10 of the Most Scenic Drives in the USA.
The list includes some drives that we’ve already done and others that we’d love to do in the future.
Here is the list:
- Going-To-The-Sun Road – Glacier, Montana
- Skyline Drive – Shenadoah, Virginia
- California State Route 180 (King’s Canyon Scenic Byway)
- Cades Cave Loop- Great Smokey Mountains National Park
- The Overseas Highway: Miami to Key West
- North Cascades Scenic Byway
- Beartooth Highway – Southwest Montana
- US Rt 163 (Monument Valley, Utah)
- Park Loop Road – Acadia National Park, Maine
- Trail Ridge Road – Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
From the list, we’ve driven two of these scenic drives, the Cades Cave Loop and Park Loop Road. Both drives were enjoyable with our visit to Acadia National Park’s Park Loop Road, our favorite of the two.
Have you done any of these drives? If so, what did you think?
Find out more about Lonely Planet’s list of 10 of the Most Scenic Drives in the USA here.